Long term stability issues - P35-DS3R@E6550 OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term stability issues - P35-DS3R@E6550 OC

Hi everybody! I've been struggling with this issue for months without remedy! at least I
    found some pattern to this madness...
    first let me start by sharing my specs-

E6550@Zalman CNPS9700
    P35-DS3R Rev 1.0 F11 Bios
    OCZ Reaper HPC 8500 CL5
    Leadtek 8800GTS 320Mb@Thermalright HR-03 PLUS
    HX520
    HEC case @blow in-220mmside fan-blow out 2x120mm rear/front fans

OC Setup-
    fsb -500@+0.2V
    cpu multy [email protected] BIOS - 1.328V Idle - 1.312V Load
    pcie freq - 100/105(tried both)@default V/+0.1V
    mch@+0.2V
    performance lvl-extreme tRD-8
    mem freq - [email protected] BIOS - 2.08-2.096V Real voltage idle/load
    mem timings - 5-5-5-15
    subtimings - this pic shows what you my BIOS timings&subtimings give me in memset

Now...
    When I set my OC something Like this its fully stable 12+ hours in both memtest and
    dualprime95
    but a few days later it starts doing problems - errors in the first min of prime95/memtest ,
    BSODs... Now it has to boot on everything stock or else I can't OC even one 1mhz out of it,
    if I do boot it on stock I can take it as far as it was with no errors what so ever! its so
    frustrating because I can't seem to see the reason for it acting up like that! I have
    another set of ram sticks corsair 6400c4 and it acts up the same way...
    tried upping the volts on various stuff but it still happens....
    at least now I know what to do when it happens - boot on stock and then back to oc, but
    before I can do that, I need to know the problem is happening, usualy in the form of data
    corruption on my disk and that sucks!!!

sorry

now the pictures -

MEMSET+SUPERPI less than 14.5 sec...
    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

BIOS
    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

Re: Long term stability issues - P35-DS3R@E6550 OC

Have you tried with Memory Performance level not on extreme? That could be the problem.

Also your first 2 images are 2 small for me to see, so can you please repost them

Have you tried these settings after updating the BIOS, and clearing the Cmos lately?

And what are you temps like at that vcore at load? If you have good temps maybe a small bump in the vcore could help. Vdroop is possibly a cause as well

Comment

just tried what you said-reflashed bios, reset cmos by jumper, 7x500@1000-5-5-5-15 same exact timings;performance enhance-standard, fsb;mch+0.1.
        hope that works for 24/7 stable oc...

Comment

Well did it work to boot at least? If so Tonight I am going to post a guide about gigabyte boards, bios settings, and overclocking and testing.

Hopefully that will help you more and help you test the stability you wondered about

Comment

yeah it did boot and it did pass all stability tests, problem is stability issues used to show up at random much later...
            i'll update you if they happen again.
            can't wait for your guide

Comment

I posted the Guide, It isnt mine but I have permission to post it here. Hope it helps you should see it there towards the top "Bios and Tweaking Guide"

Comment

should i try new bios? F12f? or is it a waste of my time?

Comment

Are you still having issues?

If not, I would wait until that BIOS is out of beta then

Comment

i wanted to share my conclusions - my board didn't get along with the e6550 too well, guess its the x7 multi with high fsb don't work too well with this board/rev/piece .
                    my I forgot to mention I've had an E8400 for a few weeks now - F11 bios, running it 3.66Ghz 458x8 with mem on 916 on extreme 5-5-5-15-56
                    and all subtimings are increased by one from spd for ocz reaper 1066.

very stable only BSODs so far are from the g80 overheating when running 625/1525/880 more than a few hours...gotta clean my HS...its hr03 baby

Comment

Yeah High FSB likely made the chipset too hot! Glad you are all up and working good now!

Comment

everybody should get themselves an e8400 that cpu is amazing!
                        anyway! I bought an xbox360 today! no more pc gaming headaches
                        the only thing my pc is good for nowadays is pirating movies&console games!

Comment

I plan to get me a E3110. Thought about a quad but ya know not much STILL uses all the cores so still heat for no reason there.

Comment

Working...
                          X