GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 - Noob BIOS Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 - Noob BIOS Question

Hokay, feel noobish asking this but can't find answers elsewhere after MUCH searching.
    My mobo is set up with a WD Raptor (boot drive) and a DVDRW on the Intel SATA ports and 2 IDE drives on the IDE channel.
    What's driving me nuts is - what is the absolutely correct setup for this hardware in the Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS? In particular the two settings for SATA AHCI mode and SATA Control Mode.
    I've tried various combinations but obviously I want the best performance from my system. It also concerns me that HDTune shows the Raptor supports UDMA Mode 6 but only UDMA Mode 5 is active.
    Any and all suggestions much appreciated.

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 - Noob BIOS Question

Well, I dont think raptors have NCQ right? So no need for AHCI, I would set that part to disabled (PATA/IDE Mode). Native Mode to enabled.

Do you maybe have the jumper on that limits the Udma mode? I dont have a raptor, but I know SATA II drives ship with a jumper set to limit them to SATA I.

A raptor is SATA I as you know and should support UDMA Mode 7 -- 150.0MB/s

In device manager in windows, select the drive and choose the Policies tab, and be sure to check the Optimize section, and the 2 boxes below that as well.

I use the Gigabyte Channels and Boot raid so My bios images wouldnt be of help or I would post them. But I do use a storage drive on the intel channel and that is what I have it set for

Comment

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 - Noob BIOS Question

WD say their raptor support NCQ

however I remember 36GB was TCQ...

Comment

Working...
      X