GA-P35-DS4 - Monitor not coming on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DS4 - Monitor not coming on.

I just installed this GA-P35-DS4 in a new system build. Initially the power wouldn't come on. Removing the sys_fan1 connection solved that so the power now comes on and the system gives a beep. However, the monitor doesn't come on and the CD rom drive door won't open. It's as if these features are not getting power or not recognized. Without a monitor, it's hard to tell what is happening.

My video card is an ATI FireMV 2400/pci card. There is a Lite-on SATA DVD drive and HP IDE CD rom drive plus a SATA hard drive installed.

Any suggestions other than buying another video card to try? I know this card works because I have it in another computer and it is working fine.

Thanks,
    NCLee

Re: GA-P35-DS4 - Monitor not coming on.

I'd try a different power supply unit for a start.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I checked the output voltages and all seem to be working all right. The power supply is a new Rosewill RP550. This power supply and the same video card worked with a previous motherboard, GA-X38-DS4. That board got the dreaded BLUE STOP screen when trying to load windows from the CD. Returned the board to NewEgg and got the GA-P35-DS4. The cpu is an Intel E6850.

Comment

Will it power on outside your case? Please check this if possible

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I leaned toward the one suggesting I try a new power supply.

I tried 3 motherboards. On the 3rd one I even got Windows XP Pro to install. It worked for awhile then hung up. The video worked at first then quit working from the video card but would work on my latest motherboards internal video support.

With all these various problems and trying different configurations of memory sticks, I finally decided the most common denominator was the power supply. I replaced it and what do you know? It works fine now. The one I removed was a Rosewill RP550-2 550W.

NCLee

Comment

Nice find. I have never used a rosewill, but have heard they are good so that is strange. But hey they all die sometime.

I am using a X2 750W that everyone says is crap, have 2 of them running fine and strang for a few months now, had some xconnect versions ones that everyone said was crap as well. Worked fine for me for a few years and are still working great

Comment

Working...
            X