Some advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice please

Would I be wasting my money buying an x1950 or a 7600GS? My system is AGP so I am limited in my options. I currently have the following:

P4 2.8 HT
    ATI x1300 512mb AGP
    1.75gb RAM

Would it be worth spending the money on? I have just ordered a 3.2 gHz P4 and 2GB of RAM.

Re: Some advice please

YEs of course your gona be wasting your money! the cost of AGP graphics cards is maybe 10% more expensive then PCI-e cards. Also your hardware is outdated already and the cpu and 2 GB RAM is already a decent motherboard.

IF u dont want to give up ur system, get the X1950/PRO its alot more powerful than the 7600GS
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

1997 called, they want their port back!

But seriously forks...

I would have to say its time to upgrade, What socket type is your P4? and the ram? ddr1? ddr2?

-AJ
      Andrew "Eightball103" Jones

Comment

Socket type 478 and RAM is low density DDR1.

Comment

It not a waist of time buying one of thoughs cards but your CPU is the bottle neck and you would not see the improvement you might be looking for. One of my other comps is a P4 northwood core 512k L2 cache cpu the faster one not one of thoughs really slow presscott cores with the 1m L2 cache and I have it running @4Ghz and it is still to slow for the new games no matter what vid card is installed. But if you are getting a card I would got for the ATI myself either the 1950XTX/Pro over the older Nvidia card. Its been 18 months since Nvidia has brought out a driver that makes any of the older cards work any better. I run a 7900GTX and Im still using the 91.47 drivers because they are the best for my card.

Comment

Working...
          X