X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Conductive CPU Shims

Is having a "non conductive" CPU shim a bad thing? Thanks Guys
    - Damien

non-conductive shims are what you should have, if you have one. A conductive shim would be bad news...

Comment

That was fast beefy...thanks...that is what i bought a Non-conductive one...i was just wondering; in another forum i saw a guy posting that his 1900+ got fried...another member told him it could have been the shim which was a Non- conductive one. So i got to the idea to ask you badasses for the real answer.:afro: . Thanks Again! : peace2: Peace

QUOTE FROM ANOTHER FORUM SITE:
      [Member]: "What do you think fried this cpu, So I had just got a shim and i put it on the proc. Then i put my temp probe on top of the shim where is would normally be. I think this may have caused the heatsink to push the core in on one side, thus killing the proc. The other thing is I had a 400w gernaric psu, i have 3 seagate 80gb a light, 2 cdroms and my proc was running at 1.73 and the vcore raised .5 could it have been dirty power. I have got a new enermax 462 w psu and a new proc but i want to knwo what went wrong before i oc again. The proc is black on the bottom and kind of melted. I post a pic in the next couple of days."
      - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco
        So i got to the idea to ask you badasses for the real answer.
        Ya hear that Beefy, your a badass...ROLF :D

Comment

Not just beefy all of you ...in general...Everyone was throwing so many different answers at the guy..the poor guy was clueless. Oh btw, what so funny...i'm giving you guys props for being cool...:cheers:
          - Damien

Comment

Yay, i'm a badass too!

Thanks for the compliements Flaco :thumb:

Comment

Hehe..np...you guys deserve any props that are thrown at ya...i mean you are willing to help and have no stupid complex like, "ooo no look its the noob he is talking about shims HAR HAR...lets pick on him". Anyways, thanks for all the help you have given this n00b, PEACE : peace2: .
              - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus

Ya hear that Beefy, your a badass...ROLF :D
                Yeah, I'm bad.. real bad...

Where's my blankie? :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy

Yeah, I'm bad.. real bad...

Where's my blankie? :cry:
                  HAHAHAHA...:p
                  - Damien