badly overclocking leadtek ti4600?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badly overclocking leadtek ti4600?

after having read Mr.Tweak's review on the leadtek ti4600, i was very surprised to see that he only managed to o/c to 317/689...this is a hideously low overclock...especially for a leadtek....and i'm very curious as to why....is it possible that leadtek have switched to using more shoddy ram and their cards? or was this card just very queer?:cheers:

Sounds like he just got an unlucky card. I also remember seeing somewhere that sometimes the heatsink doesn't sit flush with all memory chips. That might be a reason for the low memory overclocking since you can only go as high as the lowest performing module.

Comment

Hmmmm, Leadtek have been known for high quality, very overclockable vidio cards...But lately more then a few people have been getting cards that don't overclock to the full potential you'd expect from a leadtek video card. My guess is their just unlucky. But there is a chance that they've decided to use lower quality RAM or something along those lines....:confused:

Comment

I bought my Leadtek ti4600 Ultra TD MYVIVO card yesterday and just did a quick 10% o/c and all was fine... 330/715
        Im sure it could go more... Must of just been unlucky...

Comment

Originally posted by Darksword
          Sounds like he just got an unlucky card. I also remember seeing somewhere that sometimes the heatsink doesn't sit flush with all memory chips. That might be a reason for the low memory overclocking since you can only go as high as the lowest performing module.
          Ti4600 use BGA RAM which doesnt really need to have a heatsink, esp. at just above stock speed. Mr. Tweak musta got a very BS Ti4600 cause the 2.8ns RAM on the card should run to 714MHz standard

Comment

i don't like leadtek......i own one now and i had to return 2 cards to them so far..............and they do not oc well for me

my 2 copper:cool:

Comment

I basically use Leadtek cards all the time and have never had any bad results so I'd say that it was a rare bad 1. :smokin:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

With Visiontek gone, a lot of manufacturers may be having to buy parts outside of regular channels as they ramp up to pick up the slack. When a hole that big opens in the marketplace, everybody rushes to fill the void.

Comment

well wiggo you can say what you want, it's a free country...meanwhile your "rare bad' which is an attempt to minimize my statement, was me returning 3 cards for two good ones. that's not rare do the math

i will however give leadtek the benefit of the doubt....maybe they have improved the product. i actually appreciate the behemoth of a heatsink they sport on the georce 4 4600 td:cool:

Comment

Yes I will as at least 2 new Leadtek cards pass thru my hands each month (sometimes up to 5) and so far I have not had a bad result with any and I've never had to RMA one yet. :devil:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well "infecto" you could just be lucky? or shall I say unlucky? Anyway about 3 or 4 of my friends have a leadtek card and none of them have ever had any pronblems. They also have had them in the past and no problems. I agree with Wiggo on this one. You just get the occasional bad ones...

Comment

Working...
                      X