Question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question.....

Ok does anybody know how to make models for games such as half-life or Q3, and if you do, what programs do you need etc...

:smokin:

As far as I know, 3D Studio Max is a good place to start....

Comment

hmm well as far as i know..3d studio max costs a fortune...:?:

i already answered u on msn before u posted this..but anywho...i remember years ago when i did some skins, mapping, etc for half life..there were quite a few tutorials, and informative sites linked to from www.planethalflife.com
      obviously these are for half life..but, half life, bein an older game, would be much easier to learn to model for than newer games...there are also some freeware programs u can get...u'll have to find them urself though, there will most likely be links from the sites u find at PHL..

all of the planet**** sites have links to these kinds of resources...
      planetunreal
      planetquake
      etc

Comment

the answer is 42
        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

I believe 'milkshape' is also used for creating weapon models for various games.

Comment

yea..as well as normal character models and the like:)
            i MIGHT have some freeware programs on some cds somewhere that might be worth a look..to get u started....

Comment

When Half-Life came out it came with a map editor named Worldcraft. There are many tutorials on it. I used it to make a simple 3 room map. It was really easy once you have set it up.

Later

Comment

did u even read the first post? he wanted to know what he can make models with, not maps..but yeah what u said is true..i've made a couple fairly simple maps for quake 2, half life, etc..can have some fun with it once u work it all out:)

Comment

Oh, he meant player models. Sorry, I think of everything as a 3d model.

Comment

all good
                    TC, had any luck yet?

Comment

i have a full version of 3 d max studio i can upload over the mirc :D :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

hehe....to a 56k modem? yea...u'll have it done in no time *cough*:rolleyes2 :p

Comment

i can burn and send it snail mail about the same time to get to you it may burn up or distort from the heat if i send it to satans lair tho:devil:

Comment

Originally posted by The Creator
                            Ok does anybody know how to make models for games such as half-life or Q3, and if you do, what programs do you need etc...

:smokin:
                            Blitz basic isn't too bad either, had a bit of a fiddle with it not long back.

Comment

Working...
                            X