Retrieving backed up email folders???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving backed up email folders???

Before installing my new HD, I backed up my email folders onto my laptop. Now I am trying to load them back in Outlook Express on my main computer and they are not there, even though I thought I knew where to put them. How do I get them to appear in my Outlook Express.

Can anyone help me please?

You don't want to just copy the files into your email programs folders. It usually won't jive. But if you still have the files copied to a CD disk or another place on your drive, then it's a simple matter to import them back into your Outlook Express program.

- Open up the Outlook Express program
    - Go to File-->Import-->Messages

This opens up a wizard that allows you to choose the version that the old messages were saved as, and then allows you to browse to the folder where they're stored and import them into your current Outlook Express folders. It will even create the missing folders for you if they're not already present. If they are already there, it just adds the emails without overwriting or deleting anything else.

Quick and easy. This is the method that I always use when I scrap my system and reinstall Windows. It works like a charm for me everytime that I do it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X