Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can´t find out how

Help me please.
    How do I find out the nanoseconds (don´t know if that´s how it is called) fo my vid RAM? i need to know so i don´t OC it too much.... i´m currently running it at 210/180 rock stable, but i want to know better so when i receive my GF3Ti200 i don´t make any fatal mistakes
    BTW my GF2MX has 32 Mb SDRAM, 175/143 stock speed (core/mem), i´ve obtained a 400 Marks increase in 3Dmark2001SE... is that good?
    is 1600 (OCed) 3DMarks good or bad score? i have a Duron@950Mhz, 384 Mb SDRAM PC100 CL2 and a ECS K7VZA V1.2e mobo... ah, WinMe too, and a LG 16x CD-RW

Your ti200, when you get it, will have 4 nano second RAM. Which basically means it's rated to 500mhz. And while your ti200 will run at 400mhz stock, you should be able to get at least 500mhz.

And by the way, if you overclock to far, it will either freeze, or start diplaying visual artifacts (pictures starts looking weird), if that happens just go back to the last stable setting and there won't be much chance of anything bad happening to your precious card.

And about your 3dmark score, I used to have a geforce2mx, and with my pIII450mhz and 320mb SDRAM i got 1900....with the CPU at stock speed but the Video card overclocked quite a bit. So yes, your score does seem suprising bad concidering your CPU is twice as fast....

Comment

thank you very much for the info.
      BTW, what can be hindering so much my performance???
      my vid is a GF2MX200... isn´t your GF2MX DDR? if it is i guess you OCed it to about 200/210 core/mem (DDR), and that´s significantly more bandwidth than 210/180 SDRAM; what 3dmark did you use and at what settings? because i do get 2500 3dmarks at 1024x768x16 in 3DMark2001SE, noAA, double buffering, compressed textures (DXTC) and 16bit Z-buffer... though lately the 3dbench shows little glitches (of no more than 1/6-1/8 sec)... cauld that be a sign of OCing too much? there´s no texture corruption....

sorry for my bad english

can u tell me what can be f%#@ing my performance???

Comment

Nope, My Geforce2 mx wasn't DDR, but it was an mx400. The problem with your system is definitely your vidio card. When you get your Geforce3 ti200 you will see a VERY big increase in performance over that mx200.

BTW, for 3dmark2001, i had it on default settings when i benched. And my G2 mx400 was @ 270mhz core/185mhz Memory. The memory was ****e and hardly o'clocked at all. But the core was incedible.

Anyway, your gonna love that ti200 man, its gonna rock in your current set up :thumb:

Comment

yea your 3d performance will quadruple:cheers:

Comment

The RAM chips will have their marking finishing in a -6 or something, the number is the access time in nanoseconds.

GF2 MX cards could use either 128-bit SDR or 64-bit DDR SDRAM, so the performance of the two is equal at the same clock speed.

And daedalus - 4ns DDR is rated no more than 460MHz - any more from it is gravy :)
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus

And daedalus - 4ns DDR is rated no more than 460MHz - any more from it is gravy :)
              ???

if the access time is 4 ns - then reciprocal (250Mhz or 500 effective DDR) should be the rated speed - or am I missing something.

sometimes it's underclocked for stability reasons.....

Comment

yea confusing.....:(

Comment

Well, i´ve finally got the GF3Ti200 installed and it has -5 Hynix RAM
                  how much juice can i get out of it
                  and BTW
                  3dmark2001se just closes itself after a few tests and when i can make it complete i get a score of 4700!!!!!!!!!! its very low from what i´ve see on the net, and every oce in a while i get a system registry error.... can it be the card? wtf.......
                  im using win98se, det 28.32

Comment

For a Duron 950 that's not a bad score. :smokin:

Comment

Registry errors are often caused by faulty or overclocked system RAM

Comment

Thanx Fragman! I´ve pulled out my 265Mb RAM stick and i get no more errors...
                        Well, I´ve done a new clean Win98SE install (yes, again) and installed all in the suggested order (agp, 4in1, vidio, sound, modem, directx) and i´m still getting the usual 4700 3dmark score. That´s to be expected (and that i get 5100 marks OCing my vidio@205/460) but it turns out i decided to check out my agp transfer rate in the BIOS and it was at 4x (as expected too) but i turned it down to 2x just to mess around.... instantly i get 4800 marks @ default speed. I turned it down even more to 1x and came back to the 4700s. So now i´m running it at 2x, but shouldn´t make a bigger difference in performance switching between those modes? can it be a BIOS trouble/misflash? can it be the agp4x/133 VIA drivers? please tell me what you think....
                        Other odd thing i´ve encountered is fps in QIIIA.
                        running demo001 here are the results:
                        fastest - 640*480*16 - 97fps
                        high quality - 800*600*32 - 96fps
                        high quality - 1024*768*32, all settings to max - 87fps
                        I think those are strange results since the fastest setting should be running at over 150fps at least... even my gf2mx200 got over 100fps at the fastest mode.......

I don´t understand what´s going on with my box, but i would really appreciate any suggestion u can bring......

Comment

well u should certainly not be getting less performance with faster agp transfer...hang on what chipset is ur mobo? sounds like u need a bois flash to maybe run at 4xagp properly :afro:

Comment

With my GF2MX200 i get a VGA BIOS screen prio to POST screen... but that doesn´t happen with the GF3Ti200... can ti be harmful or cause bad performance or instability?
                            if it is so, what can i do about it?

Comment

Sorry to say this but the problem may lie with the cheapo motherboard. :smokin:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X