Which Video Card To Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Video Card To Buy?

I wanna upgrade from my new TNT2, but i dont know what card to buy, i narrowed down my choice to the following.

Radeon 7500
    GeForce 4 MX440
    GeForce 3 Ti200
    Radeon 8500LE

I dont really wanna get the Ti200, or 8500LE cos their both so damn expensive!!!! the cheapest ive seen the Ti200 is $305, and the LE at $370. Any good retailers that sell cheap vid cards>??? cos $300 seems a little ridiculous to me.

The ti200 will definitely be worth it in the long run. But the mx440 will still give an enormass improvement.

Comment

IMHO, I think that geforce3 is the best.

oh, and try pricewatch :P or newegg.com

Comment

Since i live in australia pricewatch and newegg arent really options, and video cards here are very expensive.

Comment

Try Secret Net

or Zone Computing

Both have excellant prices and service....:thumb:

Comment

GF3 Ti200 easy. :)
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Zone computing has some really good prices on video cards. How about the radeon 8500LE? how does that perform in comparison to the GeForce 3 Ti200? ive heard good things about radeon 8500's.

Comment

Between the Ti200 and the 8500 LE, they're both good. ATI has been notorious for crappy drivers in the past, but they are doing much better now and should match if not beat the speed of the Ti200, and it may be cheaper. In some cases, it may go as high as Ti500 speeds with some of the latest drivers. It's a good buy.

Comment

Why not buy the GF4 Ti4200.....you can find those around for well under $200 US

If you opt for the 128MB (recommended over the 64MB) version of the Ti4200, expect to pay about $200-250

Australian Online Retailers:

American Online Retailers:

If you're into overclocking, dont expect the Ti4200 to beat out any stock GF4 Ti4600 cards....but you can sure come PRETTY DAMN CLOSE!

:thumb: Even if you don't overclock your video card and just use it as its meant to be used, the performance is still MUCH better than your TNT (no to mention, anything in the MX series) :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Ehhe Yebeb
                    Zone computing has some really good prices on video cards. How about the radeon 8500LE? how does that perform in comparison to the GeForce 3 Ti200? ive heard good things about radeon 8500's.
                    ATI stinks.. I had bad experiences with them all y life :(

Comment

They used to suck. Even with the release of the Radeon 8500, the drivers still sucked, but then they got in gear.

The 8500/LE is a good buy. ATI has gotten their act together with their drivers at last. When I had my 8500 it was pretty fast (too bad it died:(), and I was amazed at how well ATI had done with the drivers at the time. Now, they're even better. If ATI can keep this up, they can be a real threat to nVidia.

Comment

I think the Radeon 8500 is competing very well with the Ti200, The thing is the GeForce 4 Ti series is burying the 8500, as for the suggestion to buy the Ti4200, its out of my price range, ive seen them here for $380 ($195US), but $320 is the MAXIMUM i will pay for a video card, as i dont see too much point in spending more (its going to be obselete in a few months), anyway, i hear the Ti200/8500LE offers a %500 performance increase from the TNT2, and the GeForce4MX440/Radeon7500 offers %350. so either one of those (most likely the Ti200) will do me fine.

Comment

Yep, I'd say go ahead and get the ti200....you wont be disapointed :)

Comment

I have been rather happy with the Ti200, but make sure you choose a brand with a good reputation for overclocking. Brands such as Leadtek, Gainward and the like have good o/cing reps :)
                            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                            X