Vantec HS&F for Ti4600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantec HS&F for Ti4600

I want to add a better fan to my Ti4600, i was browsng through newegg and found the crystal orb which is bad ass, but then I found a Vantec fan kit with it two different sized copper heatsink, its own epoxy (no tape) and a 3 pin to 4 pin coverter. If you haven't noticed it's a kit and its worth US$ 14. I also thought to get Thermaltake's memory Heatsink kit and memory heat spreader on the side. That is nine bucks.
    - Damien

Here is the rest of the kit.
    - Damien

Comment

You should keep something in mind here...

The GeForce4 Ti series of video board had got a different pin layout for the HSF. Both of the fans you talked about (the Crystal Orb and the Vantec you have pictured) are standard chipset fans that also work well on graphics board chipsets. Neither will fit a GeForce4 Ti4600 board. Get something that is made for the GeForce4 boards.

I've got a GF4 cooler from Thermaltake that I'll be testing very soon, so I'll be able to let you know if it is any good. Suggested price will be around US$20, so not too large an investment for a $400 video card. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Darth, I think he wanted to put it on with epoxy anyway, so it doesn't really matter about the pin layout.

But epoxy isn't really ideal for cooling, so like Darth said, it'd pay ya to wait for some Geforce4 coolers to be released (no doubt they will of course).

I'm looking forward to that review Darth :thumb:

Comment

Oh ok...I was thinking of going with the Epoxy...but i might as well stick around and wait for your review of the GF4 cooler. Thanks again guys.:D
          - Damien

Comment

Working...
          X