PDA

View Full Version : Little Help with Vista/Burning Software

FreakZilla
04-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Not sure if this should be in here or the Windows Section.

Okay I just got done ordering all my parts to upgrade my computer and it has Vista Ultimate in the list. All be here in next few days. But 1 of the things i don't have on the list is a DVD Burner, And Mine is a Lite-On couple years old but has Nero Version 6.3 right now.

Well my question is What Burning Software for CD's & DVD's is Vista Ready? And What Versions of them? I'm not finding very much luck with my searches so why i decided to ask here instead. Hearing alot of Horror Stories how Nero don't play nice with Vista. Well if thats the case i need to know what Software will work and not cause me any issues. Also Since i normally only use the Software that comes with my DVD Burner i need to know what Burner to get as well, Since i do plan on changing my DVD Drives out just need to wait couple weeks until some few extra bucks come in to get it.

So basically if any of you could help me on this with what..

Burner Brand
IDE or SATA
Software to burn CD's & DVD's

Thank You.

PrairieDawg
04-18-2008, 11:40 AM
I've been using Nero v8 on my 64bit Vista with no issues. As to to burner brand and SATA vs. PATA: I'm using an LG PATA on mine but SATA is a little easier to configure and the cables are easier to route and impede airflow much less.

wayout44
05-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Get your self a SATA burner, full stop.