Good article on TT's new GF4 Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article on TT's new GF4 Cooler

Just read, the article on the new GeForce 4 Thermaltake Chipset/Ram Cooler. Good article btw...not too long not too short, very good. I am thinking of getting it...and for twenty bucks its worth it for a 400 dollar card like Darth said. Do you know of any places online selling them already?:?:
    - Damien

Yea, great article mate :thumb: ...not sure were you can get one though.

Comment

They'll be on shop shevles soon.
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Glad you liked the review.

Thermaltake makes it a habit to get early samples out to the reviewers before they actually start selling them. That way you can know if it's any good or not, but then you have to wait for a bit before buying one.

Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

*Blatant Plug*

Keep searching our our price grabber search feature - Once it is released to online stores it will be added to their database. You can search for the best price on most products related to PCs.

http://tweaktown.pricegrabber.com
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Well my new GF4 is coming in soon..i guess i'll just relax until then. Btw, i think i must have been one of the first readers i read it at 3:15am in the morning here in Florida (i know its afternoon in AUS).
            - Damien

Comment

Hey wouldn't this cool even better...these are the heat sinks for Ram on your card. They are horizontal instead of being vertical like you mentioned in the article. Get this and use those other sinks for something else. Oh and another question can you hook up with so thermal epoxy or something your old stock fan to the back of your nVidia Chip on the back of your card?...Just a thought now your opinions. Thanks!: peace2:
              - Damien

Comment

Wow, good article. despite the cooler not having a totoally smooth surface, it is still able to best the stock cooler.. now, imagine if you lapped it to a mirror finish! Now, i dont know what compound he used,but even if i dont use lap it, i know that if i use my ASIII right, i can make it flat anyway.. :)

And Flaco, yes, those coolers would be even better to use, assuming u have four of them... if you have eight, send them to me...:)

Comment

That is what i was thinking to use those sinks instead while getting the other sinks that come with the fan for the back. I guess i dunno what i'll do with the skinny ones and i don't think the big ones would interfere with anything. I was also thinking of using the stock fan for the back of the chip and stick it with some thermal epoxy and use the its 3-pin power cord and loop it to the connecter the card has if it reaches.. That kit i have up there is nine bucks (US) at newegg.com. It also comes with DDR Memory Stick Heat Spreaders which some say makes no big difference but hey its a plus. : peace2:
                  - Damien

Comment

Divine_Madcat,
                    Sorry I didn't state what I used. Most folks who read my reviews already know that I use nothing but Arctic Silver, so I guess I just didn't think about adding that little snippet in there. I'll see about changing that. :)
                    My Toys

Comment

Darth what do you think about the idea about the horizontally postion fins on the heatsink and the stock fan idea. Anyone else think of it being useless or impossible to do?
                      - Damien

Comment

Changing the directions of the fins of the RAM sinks would help in the cooling, but the stock fan will likely not be quite as strong as the one in the Thermaltake kit. But it sure can't hurt to give it a try and see what happens. Just make sure to take some temperature readings with the stock setup so that you have something to base the opinion on. From there, you should be able to decide whether it is providing enough cooling for you. If so, then you saved a few bucks. If not, then you can still get the better heatsink.
                        My Toys

Comment

Well...Darth i am definitly buying the TT"s GF4 kit...no doubt about it. But my idea was to use the stock fan on the back of the card while using the TT with a 4 pin connector, and connecting the stock fan to the 3 pin connector (while the fan is stuck on the back). You get me...sorry man if you feel i am hassling you...but i'm not..i think throwing ideas at each other keeps your mind healthy (that and Vitamin E).: peace2:
                          - Damien

Comment

I am in the same bost as u flaco..
                            Darth.. Once again, great review.. sorry about not kowing what u use, i am a bitnew aroound these boards.. hey.. u willing to sell your review sample of the cooler? :D :D :D.. i really will take it off ur hands.. :D

Comment

You were thinking of doing the same with the stock fan MADCAT?
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X