Thermaltake GF4 cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake GF4 cooler

i just read the review on the GF4 cooler....and as a owner of a leadtek ti4600m, i wonder if replacing the aluminium mofo with the copper cooler and smaller ramsinks would increase o/c...bcos although the aluminium heatsink is absolutely huge, it doesn't make very good contact with the ram...and as fir the GPU it;s ok but not excellent. any comments?

:cheers:

The Leadtek cooling is particularly impressive, unless you (possibly) want to gain a few extra MHz from the core and memory I wouldn't bother.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yea, i agree with Mr.Tweak. Also, you prolly bought for its huge cooling deivice no? So buying TT's cooler would kinda defeat the whole purpose of your Leadtek purchase. In other words i'll stick with it.:)
      - Damien

Comment

yea i guess so....the reason i asked was cos although the leadtek cooler is very big, it actually doesn't make very good contact with the ram chips...and anyone out there who has taken one apart like i have will see that the part that covers the gpu is VERY rough...and unless you use ****loads or thermal paste there it doesn't make proper ocntact at all...:cheers:

Comment

Working...
        X