Thermaltake Soprano - LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake Soprano - LED

I've recently had this chassis assembled from my local computer shop, and i've got this feeling that he has messed up the case lights.
    The blue LED that i have is invisible unless i look at the LED directly from 1 metre away.
    Also it stays on all the time, even when the computer is off,
    What could be the problem (wanted professional help before i go around opening my chassis.
    I've got this feeling (from reading the manual) that he may have pluged in the socket the wrong way around. As it is polarity concious..
    Or could there be something wrong with the motherboard?
    The Red LED works fine, and is very bright.. (rating 10) while the blue i would rate a 2 in terms of visibility.

So what do u guys think? Case or motherboard problem?
    Or just wire in the wrong way around....

Thanks in advance

Re: Thermaltake Soprano - LED

The polarity of the power LED does not matter, the wires can be plugged in either way - only the switches require a certain way to plug in.

Its just prob the design of the case. Well i mean in my thermaltake matrix the hard drive LED is extremely dim compared to the on light.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

If it stays on even when the computer is off it suggests 2 things... either it's wired incorrectly or the motherboard is keeping it on.

The red one should be used for HDD activity and the blue one for power.

Comment

Just a quick question.
        Reading from my motherboard (GA-P35C-DS3R)
        I have found out that there are actually 2 different headers for the system chassis blue light/power light.
        There is option PWR_LED(SYSTEM POWER LED HEADER) - This is a three pin socket
        Or there is the other F_PANNEL (Front Panel header) which contains the MSG (Message/Power/Sleep LED) - Being a 2 Pin socket

Which one should the cable be connected to?
        (i do not know which one it is currently connected to(haven’t had the time or the determination to open up the chassis yet)
        Which one should it be connected to?
        Will if its a 3 pin connector with the case work with a 2 pin hole? if it is currently connected in the 3 pin socket.

I know that the HDD light (RED) is working perfectly as it corresponds to HDD usage. Seems this motherboard is quite troublesome

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhunter2 View Post
          There is option PWR_LED(SYSTEM POWER LED HEADER) - This is a three pin socket
          Or there is the other F_PANNEL (Front Panel header) which contains the MSG (Message/Power/Sleep LED) - Being a 2 Pin socket

Which one should the cable be connected to?

The 3 pin connector is the one you want. The F pannel one sounds like a multi function header, if it's connected to that one it might explain why it stays on even when the PC is off.

Comment

I opened up the case, however I cannot find the cable anywhere,
            As in it was not plugged into the 2 pin or the three pin..
            There were too many wires in there, can someone please tell me what colour the wire if for the PWR_LED for the Thermalatke Soprano.
            Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I've only just seen this mate, unfortunately I'm at work so can't give you the colour right now but can post it up in approx 8 hours time.

This is the black Soprano yes?
              E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by ANZAC_ELITE View Post
                I've only just seen this mate, unfortunately I'm at work so can't give you the colour right now but can post it up in approx 8 hours time.

This is the black Soprano yes?
                Yea, Black Soprano with clear side pannel.

Comment

I'll try to get it for you in the next hour or so.

EDIT: I was hoping to slip home during my lunch break, not going to happen now, so I'll do it after work.

EDIT 2:

The power LED is the plug with the blue and white wires, it is a three pin plug with an empty centre position.

Mine is oriented as follows:

White wire = PLED- (negative)
                  Blue wire = PLED+ (positive)
                  Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 07-09-2008, 02:07 AM.
                  E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Well i opened it up, and found that the cable was plugged into the security intrusion detector!
                    When i changed it to the correct one, it seems that there is no difference.
                    I think it may be the LED itself now, anyway ive given up on the LED's for now.

Thnaks for all your help.

Comment

Definetly polarity, you want to get in there and switch it around, do not b afraid, just make sure you touch the frame of the system or wear a static strap before toouching any of the electronics.

Comment

Working...
                      X