Can't Decide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Decide...

well, i've narrowed my options down to 2 monitors...now i cant decide which one i should buy
    My main purpose for this will probably be hardcore Gaming, and a little bit of TT Forum surfing :)

Anybody have an idea which of the monitors below i should choose, and maybe some supporting reasons? :rolleyes:

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...t=497&scat=500

or

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Brows...20%22+Monitors

:cheers: Thanks a lot for all the help :cheers:

The NEC seems to be the better monitor. It is able to maintain a higher refresh rate at it's maximum resolution.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

the NEC isnt flat....does it really matter though?

also, someone tell me about Aperture Grill vs. Shadow Masking, and does it really effect me now/in the long run?

i mean, as long as teh quality is good, who cares? right? someone? heh....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cHeEsY327
        also, someone tell me about Aperture Grill vs. Shadow Masking, and does it really effect me now/in the long run?

Shadow Mask monitors are like conventional TV tubes in the fact you have a phosphorous coating on the inside of the glass, with holes that let the different colour electron beams through. They are cheaper, but not as bright or as crisp as Aperture Grille monitors.

Aperture Grille monitors are based on tube technologies such as Sony's Trinitron or Mitsubishi's Diamondtron. They have a "grille" held in by high tension draw wires that lets more light through than a Shadow Mask, and displays a crisper image. The main drawback of an Aperture Grille display is two fine damper wires that hold the grille in place, and can be annoying enough for certain people to whine about them. But I personally would go for an AG display if I had the choice.

Aperture Grille monitors also have less glare due to the flat glass surface.
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
        X