Speed Switch on Volcano 7+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Switch on Volcano 7+

I just got my Volcano 7+ but i dunno where to keep the speed selection switch. Where did you guys put yours?:) Thanks
    - Damien

I usually leave it on Medium unless I need the noise. ;)

Comment

yeah same here wiggo.
      Flaco, i believe that the low setting is a little too low. Remember the faster the fan rotates the less it is going to live :D
      Keep it on the medium setting it should be right.

Comment

That is what i was thinking to keep it on medium. Hey, how about the controller itself?...where do you place it or do you switch the speed then disconnect it?:) Thanks again guys
        - Damien

Comment

I believe my processor runs cooler even on Medium than it does on High. Blowing less hot air back down onto the heatsink perhaps.

Comment

[b]I believe my processor runs cooler even on Medium than it does on High. Blowing less hot air back down onto the heatsink perhaps
            If that's the case then your case needs some better ventilation. :smokin:

[b]Hey, how about the controller itself?...where do you place it or do you switch the speed then disconnect it?
            Many cases have extra pushouts on the back for other O/I connectors and I use these to mount the switch. :devil:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yep... I grabbed one of the push-outs for the old AT-Mouse sized socket, and got out the drill, enlarging the screw-holes already in the case a little at each end.....Bob's your Uncle (and it also keeps the cables nicely out of the way, cause you can attach them to the back end of your case):thumb:
              Office Rig : Asrock Extreme 6, 4790k, H100, 4 x 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaw 2133's, EVGA GTX580 SC, Samsung XP941 512Gb M.2, Win8.1 Pro 64-bit, NZXT case with an Antec TPQ1000 psu
              WHS : Norco 20-bay case, HX1000, Intel G620/Z68 UD4, 16Gb 1600 ram, Velo 600Gb running Win8.1 Pro, 2 x LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i with 8 x 3Tb Hitachis in Raid6 and a bunch or random drives.

Comment

what about the controller itself? can you switch to the speed u want then disconnect it. :rolleyes:

Comment

No i don't think so :rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                    ruff97[/size]]
                    what about the controller itself? can you switch to the speed u want then disconnect it. :rolleyes:
                    No chance in the world.

Comment

so no one try or no u can't do it. i would try but i have not get my yet...... :rolleyes:

Comment

The switch is needed to maintain setting chosen as without it its just full speed. :devil:
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What you are suggesting won't work. The main power supply line comes from the fan mounted atop the heatsink. This then hooks into the mini fanbus that is supplied with it. This is how it allows you to adjust the fan speed. If you cut it out of the system, then you are cutting the power to the fan. And if you just don't use it, then you get nothing but the fastest speed for the fan, and this pretty much defeats the purpose of even having it, doesn't it?
                          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                          My Toys

Comment

thx. :thumb:

Comment

My speed switch is on the floor of the case...i barely change it...the HiGH selection is really not too loud...I've noticed tho that when shutdown and turn of my computer...my room gets soooo quiet.:bounce:
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X