dead psu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead psu

hi all well i am after some advice as i don,t seem to be able to get it from thermaltake support so can you help.
    ok i bought my thermaltake 750 psu some 11 months ago and all of a sudden it has just stopped,i tried to take it back to the place were i bought it and have found out that the company have gone into liquidation. i therefore contacted thermaltake support and explain wot happened to my psu and they told me to take it back from were i got it from so i could get an rma number, i did explain that the company has gone bust but still they reckon they can,t help me with out an rma number, so wot can i do i feel like i am being fobed off, i cannot help it if a company goes bust so surely thermaltake must show some support to its customers if the retail firm goes bust otherwise its warranties are only as good and will only be in force as long as the retailers stay in business

the symtoms are as follows:

turn on power to psu shows blue led then after i press button to boot to post the yellow led lights but thats all no fans operate at all i did swop out the psu for an older 560w thermaltake and my pc booted straight away,

my specs are q6600
    mobi bfg 680sli
    4gig ram (sli)
    tsunami case
    8800gtx
    creative sounds

thanks

Re: dead psu

Have you tried Thermaltake's RMA page?

Technical Support

Comment

Where are you located? Without knowing your location your best bet would be to goto: Thermaltake Global and then select your region.

Try emailing your local support first. If no luck with local support then email Taiwan and they will be able to sort something out.

Comment

hi am am based in liverpool uk and i have emailed thermaltake tec support in europe several times and they just come back with the same reply that i have got to get an rma number from the retailer i bought it from ?
        Last edited by beemer1; 07-30-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

In that case, you will need to contact TT Taiwan and forward the responses you've had from TT Europe. Basically inform them they are being unhelpful and you cannot get a RMA # from the original retailer as they closed up shop.

Else you might be able to go straight to the TT UK distributors. Unfortunately you'll need to do some searching to find the UK distributors as I don't have any information about them being based at the AU branch.
          Last edited by lazyboy1984; 07-30-2008, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X