What are your thoughts on the Ti4200 from Evga? Pic links in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on the Ti4200 from Evga? Pic links in

I saw it on pricewatch.com for like 184 bucks shipped and has full VIVO feauters. Please any comments on Evga?

Thanks

best,

Evga have been known for producing quality cards that with good everclocking potential...

The cooler looks quite good, however there aren't any RAMsinks, but this gives you the options of adding your own. And the price isn't too bad :thumb:

Comment

Thanks Daedalus, I appreciate your response! Hey, Im considering it, but do you know where I could buy these ramsinks locally? Would you recommend radio shack or frys electronics? I have never done such a thing and I hope no to mess it up. I am also interested in the xmicro ti4200 cause it already has good ramsinks and all but I cant find out where to buy it.

best,

Comment

I've owned an eVGA card (on the of the orig. GF2MX's) & it was very good...

the knock on eVGA is that they produce cards with various types/speeds of memory and they're not always realy clear about what you're going to get

when the orig. GF2MX was out - all the spec info on the eVGA site listed 166MHz/6ns RAM - but tons of "OEM" cards shipped with 143MHz/7ns RAM...later they produced more with 5.5ns and 5ns ram

the eVGA website lists the ram spec at 4ns. you might want to query that with the reseller before you buy

Comment

Matrox is suppose to be bringing out a card that should blow the ti's away. might want to check it out. of course it'll cost alot more but should be worth it.

Comment

Thermal Take makes some ram sinks that are included with a pair of memory spreaders...Newegg has them...BUT Themal Take has the new GPU and VGA Ram coolers that came out not too long ago and Darth wrote an article on. The second option would be a better buy because it brings everything. Newegg or any other website for that matter does not have them in their inventory yet...i've been looking around...BTW you are getting the 128ddr ram one are you?: peace2:

Myhtios i doubt he would want that card since he is getting the cheapest (moneywise) of the GF4.
            - Damien

Comment

Working...
            X