DirectX woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX woes

gday guys, gr8 2 see u back & giving gr8 advice, hope you can help me here. Was having error probs whilst playing the game of my choice(Links LS 2001) and figured i was having DirectX problems, was running ver 7.0a at that stage so updated to ver 8.1.....AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!! big mistake that was. so now what do i do???? Format???...and what ver DirectX do i run then??? am running Nvidia 23.11 drivers.

Yes... the only real way to revert to a previous version of DirectX is to reformat. There are some uninstallers out there, but for the most part they suck.

But what kind of problems are you having? If it's something along the lines of system lockups during intense 3d graphics presentations (like 3dMark or such), then there is a fix that may help you out.

Go into your BIOS and set the AGP Aperture setting to 128MB. It defaults to 64MB and there is a known problem between your chipset used in conjunction with some GeForce cards and the new Det4 drivers.

Good luck. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

If your Video drivers & DX are both installed correctly & your registry is relatively clean, running DX8.1 should not be a problem.

Comment

ok Darth, basically what happens is when i get into the startup page of Links when i move my cursor it jumps all over the place and as it moves it looks like its painting blocks on the screen. When i get into the game proper all the graphics are major messed up, hard to tell what game you're playing. I did what you suggested and set the AGP aperture to 128MB but no change.

Comment

How heavily overclocked are you at the moment? When I got artifacts like that on the screen, it was normally because I was running my video card too fast.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

not overclocked at all. i have managed to get my hands on DirectX ver 8.0 so it looks like a format and see how i go from there

Comment

a bad RAM chip will do that too, how long have you had the video card

Comment

ok guys, update on my problem, have reformatted and installed DirectX 8.0 & 23.11 drivers and alls well....so far lol.....wanna thank u all 4 your help & will keep you up to date if i have any more probs.

Comment

Working...
                X