Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2 in Crossfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2 in Crossfire

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2 in Crossfire"

Re: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2 in Crossfire

A little confused.....Unless I've missed something CrossfireX ie 3 or 4 gpu setups only work with Vista not XP.....how come tweaktown are benchmarking two 4870X2 cards in crossfireX using windows XP???

Comment

Though I have not researched the entire spectrum of CrossfireX applications, I can assure you that it is available in the driver set within WinXP and Vista. At least that is what the setup is called within Catalyst. I run a triple boot setup where two of my operating systems are WinXP Pro and Windows Vista and both allow me to set up my dual 2900XT boards in a CrossfireX configuration.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

As I understand it WIN XP cannot run 3 and 4 gpu crossfire setups...yes you would be fine with dual 2900XT as that's only 2 gpu's....but two 4780X2's as bench marked in this article is a 4 gpu setup and to my knowledge will not run in win XP.
        Last edited by technogiant; 08-13-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

The review does not mention basic graphic settings; level of AA and AF? Games are pretty ugly with out them, so knowing what these numbers reflect is important.

Right now the review is only useful for comparing this specific batch of GPUs directly, at some unknown configuration.

Comment

This review is totally useless unless you use it to compare single slot solutions to other single slot solutions because the motherboards second PCIe x16 slot only operates at x4. That is a huge bottleneck so any results obtained by adding a second gpu card are inaccurate. I kinda expected more. To get the performance benefits you need to use a motherboard that has two PCIe that operate at x16. Maybe tweaktown could rerun the benchmarks using a different motherboard.

Comment

Working...
            X