X-Micro Ti4200 Driver under WinXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Micro Ti4200 Driver under WinXP

This isnt a huge issue but the X-Micro Ti4200 refuses to install the latest Nvidia detonator driver (28.32). The one that came on the cd is based on the 28.32 and installs fine; but I'd like the opportunity to install the Nvidia driver as well as Im sure they would update their driver more often than X-Micro.

Has anyone else who owns this card come across this issue under XP and if so How did u get around it?

Thanks in Advance

Which way are you going about installing the drivers?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Funny, I can use other drivers. About the worst that happens to me is that I get a window that pops up when loading certain versions that states that it's not a Microsoft Approved driver. I tell it to load anyway and carry on from there.

If you're having a problem with only one driver, then it may be corrupt. Go to another website that offers it and try that one. It happens like that occassionally.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Windows XP Certified, the biggest crock of **** ever - Do you realise it costs companies $10,000 US to certify each driver, and we are talking each new release not just the one type of driver. Now you know why not all drivers are certified.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
          Which way are you going about installing the drivers?
          Well ive tried the device manager angle where you choose update driver and after extracting the latest nvidia driver from the nvidia site to a folder (all files are present) it refuses to see a driver there

whereas If i tell it to go to the winxp folder on the X-micro CD...no hassles

Ive disabled the driver signatures etc but with no luck.

It just doesnt want to use anything but the x-micro driver on the CD ( ive tried everything...giving up...going to trust x-micro to update regularly

Comment

:flames: Ok, Ive been looking and looking of where to buy this X-micro Ti4200, and I have even emailed the company with no sucess:flames:

Please tell me where to buy it. I want the 128mb version which has VIVO capabilities. :confused:

Please where? and How much did you pay for yours?

best,

Comment

Well Im from Australia and I paid $462AU which is about $262US over there.

Comment

thanks Topper. Yeah, I just ordered mine, and cant wait to receive it. I think this one is a bit better than the leadtek one, since it actually has also good heatsinks but ViVo features as well. Cant wait to get it. Just sent my money order today..

best,

:cry:

Comment

Where did you find it?
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

its actually not in retail stores yet, and I got it from a rep from xmicro. Its actually a model unit, i know the price is a bit high for 190 bucks but I think itll be worth it. Ill let you guys know how everything goes. the good thing is that it has all the manuals and bundled software.

best,

Comment

Topper, i just ordered a X-Micro Ti4200 128MB in Aus too. And i was wonderin how high of a overclock u could get and wat 3DMarks score do u have?!?!?

Comment

I'm running it on WinXP / Athlon 1.8+ XP / 512Mb DDR and I get a 3Dmark score of around 8800 marks @ 1024x768 32bpp. (very smooooth)

I havent tried overclocking it yet (maybe after games start slowing down dramatically...:p )

I hardly get any slowdown in any current games atm. Usually can run anything at full res / full detail etc etc

BTW anyone had the issue with the driver which is explained in the 1st post ? ** back to topic **

Comment

just got an emailed saying the card is out of stock!:( gotta wait!

Anyway, dont bother with those drivers, go to www.guru3d.com and download the new 29.42s! Real good, improved my mark by 132 points and has better IQ!

Comment

When I first ordered my X-micro 128Mb card from www.auspcmarket.com.au I had to wait for it to come into stock as well.

But it was worth the wait ;)

Comment

Auspcmarket are quite exspensive....

You should always check these two sites before you buy something, they usually have great prices:

Zone Computing

Secret Net Computers

both are relyable as well...:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X