I need an opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an opinion

Hi guys, I currently bought the new msi kt266 pro2 RU m/board and an athlon xp 1700+. Now im in a dillema should i go for the alpha pal8045 or the swiftech mcx-370 copper base?

:?: :?:

I think the 2 are close enough in perfromance that it is probably your own preference - depending on who's reveiw you read - you may find one having an edge over the other

1. the Alpha is somewhat cheaper
    2. the Swiftech has a larger MB compatibility list than the Alpha

I've always had a preference for Alpha HS's so I'm somewhat biased
    the 8045 w/an 80cfm Delta fan is what I'm using right now

Comment

I say fo for the Swiftech!:thumb:

Comment

Both are very solid performers. Double check the manufacturers websites to make sure that they will fit on your motherboard, and then get whichever is the cheapest (assuming they both fit your board, of course). :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

I've had the pleasure of using both. I would go with the Alpha. It kept my cpu cooler than the MCXC370.

You can get a bare Alpha PAL8045 heatsink for only $29.99 at SVCompucycle.com. I always recommend them. Great prices and speedy delivery. :) You can add a 48CFM YS-Tech fan for only $6.00 more - bringing your total to 36.00, $12 cheaper than the MCXC370.

Hope this helps. :cool:

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys.

Cyrix I owe you dood :))

Thnx a lot. I went for the alpha. :wave: :smokin:

Comment

Yeah when I see the price I say ALPHA! But they don't sell them in The netherlands :cry:

Comment

Working...
              X