S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky crashes

Well, I wasn't sure if I was the only one experiencing this problem. When I first tried playing Stalker Clear Sky, I went to hit ESC button to change the settings and it just crashed right to the desktop. So I loaded it back up and got a little further, (ended up dying) I went to hit the space bar (like it tells you to) and it crashed again to the desktop. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky crashes

I haven't tried playing that one yet. It could be a bum install. Happens sometimes. Since it appears you are not very far into the game, you might try nuking it and reloading the program from scratch. Also, if you are using a hacked EXE to negate the need for a disk in the drive, that can sometimes have unexpected effects on the game. Usually not, but it can happen.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

no i havent seen that problem yet... could be your GPU starting to go on you... what model have you got? is it overclocked at all? what kind of temperatures do you get at full load? have you had any other games do this?

BTW, I just got this game on the weekend and am addicted already... not only is it a great game to play, but its absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

Comment

Well, I managed to find and install a patch for the game. I also updated my graphics card drivers. Unfortunately, the problem still exists.

Comment

I would try a fresh install of the game and see if the problem still exists. If it does, then it will likely be an issue with the game and hopefully a patch will come soon. Given that the game is still pretty new, patches should be released pretty regularly for a while.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Well, I did find a patch. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled it. So I'm thinking it might be a Vista or direct-x issue...

Comment

Originally posted by BongWizard View Post
              no i havent seen that problem yet... could be your GPU starting to go on you... what model have you got? is it overclocked at all? what kind of temperatures do you get at full load? have you had any other games do this?

BTW, I just got this game on the weekend and am addicted already... not only is it a great game to play, but its absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

My GPU is almost new. I've got Intel's Q6600 Quad-Core. Not OC at all. All my other games seem to work fine.

Comment

what version are you using? if you havent got patch 1.5.0.4 yet you should get and install it... this fixes quite a few issues with the game as a whole... your might be one of them

Comment

I'm on patch 1.5.0.7...and still having the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X