P-7811FX enable raid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-7811FX enable raid?

i recently purchased the p-7811 fx and it has the capabilty of 2 hard drives but i did some research and alot of people are saying that the bios doesnt support any raid. If this is true does anyone know of any other way to get it to work or maybe of some new bios? thanks

Re: P-7811FX enable raid?

Seems it does here >>>
    Gateway P-7811FX notebook: a Centrino 2 bargain? - SlashGear

Have you tried to add a second drive yet?

Comment

There are 2 BIOSes which are available on the 7811FX. The original BIOS is 9c.05.00 and doesnt support RAID. Gateway hasn't released the 2nd BIOS, but I was fortunate enough to get a copy from a Tech. Here's the link, and it's got RAID enabled.. enjoy. :)

Database Error

nrreview is down for updates..but the link is valid. Notebookreview.com, or just google 7811fx bios and it will be the first thing available..version 9c.08.00

Comment

OK, after reading countless forums on this topic, I finally went out and bought a second hard drive (atually 2 Seagate 320Gb) for my P-7811FX.
        Installed them (used 2 screws out of the four existing). Went into the bios and now there is a RAID option where there was previously none. Next, I rebooted and pressed control-i to configure the raid. Rebooted and installed Vista 64 on my newly created RAID 0 600 gig drive :-)
        Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        X