Memory temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory temp

i just recently built a computer i have a asus a7m266-d wiht duel amd xp 1800 fast as hell :) but i was woundering i have 1 stick 512 ddr what is the temp suppose to be at? becasue the temp of the memory is almost the temp of the procesors. thank you!

first of all, what kind of temps are we talking about? how hot is your mem?

Comment

and....what are you using to monitor those temps...because if it's got anything to do with ASUS its bound to be way off

Comment

i ma using the asus temperature prgram adn aslo using the bios to check my temperatures. tanks for the help but one more tihng whats a good program to use then to check the temperatures?
        :flames:

Comment

PC Alert III made by MSI for MSI boards... I dont know if it will work on your board but its good nonetheless.

Comment

outvit,
            This is a review that I did on the Thermaltake Active Memory Cooling Kit. Page 3 has before and after temperatures. That may be of some help in figuring if your memory temperatures are doing all right or not.

Jebus,
            Asus Probe is notorious for giving VERY inaccurate temperature readings. And besides, does it even have an option to measure the temperature of the memory modules? If so, then that's news to me. The best way to get accurate tempertures on your memory is to use a small thermal probe. A decent one is called CompuNurse. It's reasonably accurate, easy to use and doesn't cost much (around US$12-14).
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by outvit
              PC Alert III made by MSI for MSI boards... I dont know if it will work on your board but its good nonetheless.
              PC Alert is great.. but it only works on MSI boards.. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy

PC Alert is great.. but it only works on MSI boards.. :(
                I found a whole list of hardware temperature monitors the other day but I closed it because I enjoy PC Alert III.

I will find it again.

Comment

my asus probe has memory temperature fan monitar and a lot of things.... fomr whau i have seen my probe is very acurate form different temperatures it changes suck as when it reached 90deg in my room the temp went up adn fomr how i have been monitaring it its been very good adn seems to be very acurate. this board i ahve is also fairly new bought it laess than 2 weeks ago the reasons i am worried is because i am runnign duel processors adn want to know if my memory is getting to hot what should an all around temp be at for memory?

Comment

Just about every Asus probe report I've seen usually report temps 5-10c more than what is actually occuring. So if your really worried about the temps go and either get yourself a CompuNurse or DigitalDoc and verify the temps that you are getting because I really have no faith what so ever in Asus' software. :smokin:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i didn't even know mobos could moniter ram temps:p

Comment

:) Would appreciate links to temperature probes.

Comment

Get a DigitalDoc5 and ya can monitor almost anything. ;)
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea and u can also control your fans it all sorts of strange ways with it:D

Comment

Wiggo & chisholm - Thanks for the link and the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X