dsl speed problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsl speed problem

hey giez i am having a problem wiht my dsl speed i have been looking at your speed tests my sppedtests are horrible i am getting 645 down and 136 up. so i am pissed at my records and want to improve them i need suggestions and sites please i have tryed mtu and all thats stuff wont do it i am runnign windows xp with duel amd xp1800+ thank you:cheers:

It sure beats the **** out of dailup though. :devil:

Comment

The best I can get where I live is 40 down and 24 up - stop whinging please
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

then y do i see all these dsl members wiht 1600 up adn 256 down

Comment

The Upload and Download rates of today's Highspeed internet connections have less to do with the speed of your computer or hardware than with what the Service Provider is willing to supply you with.

Some companies have no problem providing their users with 1600/500 connections. Most that I've seen though stick around 600 or 300 Download and 300 to 150 Upload. Most companies provide increased bandwidth if you're willing to pay some extra cash.

With the older dial-up connections, (and the unfortunate invention of the WinModem), it was possible to have a better connection based upon relative processor speed or modem quality. By better connection, I mean 52.0 instead of 48.8.

Basically, you're screwed unless your company decides to increase your bandwidth cap.
          Chris "Raven"
          News Crew - TweakTown
          <!--
          <font size=1>
          <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
          - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
          - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
          - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
          </font>
          // -->
          "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Also external factors such as line condition and how far from the exchange you are will have an effect on your speeds. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
              It sure beats the **** out of dailup though. :devil:
              It is my fondest dream to post a whinge like this one someday
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

aight thanks giez:wave:

Comment

Working...
                X