No announcement yet.

Pny Verto geforce3 Ti200 a good card??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pny Verto geforce3 Ti200 a good card??

I just bought this card off ebay and was wondering if the PNY series of video cards are pretty good as far as stability and performance go??
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Yeah PNY cards are very stable and have not heard any bad things about them thus far.

Comment

I own a PNY Verto Geforce3 Ti200 and I have had no problems with it whatsoever, it is a very stable card and I would reccomend the series itself to everyone who asks :]

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I was at first thinking of purchasing a geforce 4 Ti card, but it is a tad out of my pricerange! I got this card used for 96.00 off ebay...pretty good deal I think, for a PNY!
        Here are my specs:
        System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by webe3
          Thanks for the responses! I was at first thinking of purchasing a geforce 4 Ti card, but it is a tad out of my pricerange! I got this card used for 96.00 off ebay...pretty good deal I think, for a PNY!
          Well, there are GeForce Ti cards for like $120. Nvidia basicly has a GeForce 4 for everyone from high end (expensive) to the lower end but still good (pretty cheap).

Comment

I bought the PNY Ti200 in January for $199. At the time, the Radeon 8500 was $299. Now, The Radeon has been bought by me for $149 Retail version, and it is quite a bit faster than the Ti200, and the Catalyst drivers do what they say....it screams!
            Anyway, now that prices are down getting an ATi card is ok, but if I could find an NVidia card at a lower price I would get that instead. The PNY is an excellent choice I might add.
            If you want a Great NVidia graphics card you should look into getting a Gainward 'Golden Sample'. They are overclocked right from the factory and kick ass. Even the Gainward GeForce4 MX 650 Pro-TV Golden Sample (Mx 440 on steroids) is a great choice sans the Pixel/Vertex shaders, and gets a 5 star rating in most reviews.:hammer:

Comment

Working...
            X