Help me please :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please :(

Well, I've installed the ADSL and the computer wich is connected to the modem everything works fine(icq,irc,http,...)
    The other computer(client) wich is connect throught a LAN with the other the only stuff that works is the Internet Explorer and recently I started to use ICQ throught the port 13...
    Please help cuz I've been looking everywhere for help :))

Some useful information:
    Win98
    Pentium 3
    Great Speed Modem

Thanx :)
    Note:If possible contact in ICQ 12868063 or post in the forum anyway... :cry:

This LAN, does it have a router or just a hub? Can you give us some more information on this LAN's topology?

Comment

Sorry... :?:
      The ADSL pc is connected in a hub :)

ADSL Pc Client Pc
      (hub,modem,network card)------------------>(network card)

Thanx for the attention :thumb: :?:

Comment

Originally posted by hugaum
        Sorry... :?:
        The ADSL pc is connected in a hub :)

ADSL Pc Client Pc
        (hub,modem,network card)------------------>(network card)

Thanx for the attention :thumb: :?:
        Is these the only two PC's on the network? So it does all the things like browsing the internet except it cannot do something like playing a LAN Game? Do you have either a software or a hardware firewall installed?

Comment

sorry for the delay I've been busy...
          Yes, they are the only pc's one connected with the other, me and my mate.
          I basically just can browse and play LAN Games and see my mate computer stuff....
          No there are not firewalls or other kind of stuff installed in any of the pcs.... :)

Thanx :)
          Keep helping me pleaze..

Hugo

Comment

Lemme ask, how are you connecting. Is it a service that uses PPPoE or as long as the modem is sync'd you're on? Also which DSL modem (CPE) do you have?

Comment

It's a Great Speed modem(www.greatspeed.com) and the connections is PPPoe :)))

Thanx for helping me :)

Comment

it sounds like you have the it setup like this:

If Computer 1 is the one connecting via a PPPoE Client, such as WinPoet or Enternet. To be honest that should not work. Computer 2 really shouldn't be able to do anything with the internet connection. I don't wanna say "luck" that it has, but that's basically it.

But if you set it up like this:

It will work so much better. Notice that Computer 1 has 2 ethernet cables coming into it. You will need 2 Ethernet cards in that computer. Because basically, you're turning Computer 1 into a Router. One NIC will get an IP from your ISP when you connect via PPPoE. And the other NIC will have an IP for your internal network and will be the gateway to the internet for the other computers.

That's easy enough to configure. After you have it setup physically like I showed you in the second picture. Install and configure internet connection sharing on Computer 1, make it the "Server".

then install and configre internet connection sharing on Computer 2. And you'll have no problems with passing any ports.

I'll see if I can find any good tutorials on Internet Connection Sharing.

Later

Comment

Thanx dude I got the second scheme that u showed me...
                  All I need now is how to get a connection share!I hope u guys keep helping me!!!!Thanx a lot man!!!!!
                  I'll find out more about sharing connections...

See ya and thanx again :bounce: :bounce:

Comment

Are you using some type of internet sharing program? :?:

Comment

Do a search for Google for Internet Connection Sharing. It comes with Windows 98, and is so easy to set up. Basically, it's so easy I was able to help someone configure it over the phone without having worked with it before.

Actually, here's the exact page I used while I was on that call:
                      http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/ics-install.html

Comment

Actually no it doesn't come with 98 as it wasn't brought in till 98SE. :smokin:
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

You're right, I just spaced it.

Comment

no, actually I'm not using any kind of program for sharing connections... and I tried to search for it in google but all the text seemed to be very difficult no understand or not very clear...

Thank you guys :thumb:

Keep helping me pleazeeee

Comment

"Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is part of Windows 98 Second Edition (or Windows 2000), so you'll need either one of these operating systems to be able to install ICS. For more information about obtaining Windows 98 SE, see this document."

from http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/ics-install.html

I'm getting sad! :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X