XP's Firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP's Firewall

Hey guys LONG TIME!...I had a small question on XP's Firewall...my buddy mentioned it to me ...but never told me how to enable it...SoOoOoO my question is how do you enable it? if there is one for that matter... THX Peace: peace2:
    - Damien

It's not a very good firewall as many ways can be found around it. If ya want one then Zone Alarm would be a much better alternative and there is a free version. There are also a few other software firewalls out there but that one is what I've used the free version for the last 2yrs and I can't fault it. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thank you sir...you are a gentleman of scholar...
      - Damien

Comment

Wiggo i'm gonna DL zone alarm when i get home...do you mind telling whats missing from the free version that the full version has? Anything Special? THX:)
        - Damien

Comment

But back to your WinXP firewall query, im almost positive it is automatically enabled in Home and Pro. What people are most concerned with is trying to get it unenabled which can prove to be tricky, just cause its some little box you have to uncheck...im sure ive seen it...prolly in gpedit.msc or something like that.

Listen to Wiggo though, zonealarm has to be the best firewall for your needs. Personally i dont use a firewall, i think its all superstition and heresay. Why would i ever want to hurt friendly hackers with a wall of fire?:cool:

Comment

To turn Off/On XP firewall.

Control Panel - Network Connection - right click Local Area Connection - Properties - Advanced.

I will say that I used XP's firewall for awhile and didn't have any problems with it, it even passed a couple of security scans i did. Maybe not quite as good a Zone Alarm but it did the job.

I now have a router installed with a built-in firewall.

Comment

Working...
            X