• Show
Clear All

• Well the "Thoroughbred" is out!

Check out the front page news for links. :devil:

Now if only I can find a damn retailer that actually has them in stock. :(
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Well at least you'll have ya hands on 1 long before we here in Australia will see a listing for them. It also seems that AMD might be bining these pretty heavily too. :cry:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

hmm....on its own..a let down if u ask me..it really needs a faster FSB and bigger L2 cache to help it out...but really there isnt much of a performance increase, and the probs with high temps werent fixed in the higher clocked "t.Bred's", which will need good quality (read: Pricey) coolers to compensate
        in the broader sense...well..maybe a success...maybe... if you consider that they are testing out some new technologies that will be used with their "hammer" cpu's

Comment

Well "Barton" which is due out in about 3-5 months will have a 512KB L2 cache but remember that these will likely be Durons (or their equivelant by then) and "Clawhammer" will take the Athlon's place at the top of the desktop market. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yeah well forgetting the Hammer for a second. For the next few months, Intel are king of the hill by a mile...:(

Comment

Tweak, when you get a review sample, can I review it? ;) ;) :laugh:

Comment

I heard the others are offering $$$$$, better up the anty. D:laugh:

Comment

I've actually been using a TBred 1800 for a week now (picked it up from a local distributer here in Sydney). I've found a rather major bug...not in the chip, but in mobos. It seems most mobos can't clock the VCore down to the required 1.5 volts yet. I've been speaking to a few mobo companies, and many only have the 2100 and 2200 XP in stock for testing so far (VCore of 1.6 and 1.65) which don't result in the higher heats I'm showing...
                  I spoke with AMD about the problem, and they are already working with mobo manufacturers to get the new bioses out.
                  So, if your new AthlonXP is a yellow-brown colour, make SURE you get the very latest bios!
                  BTW, the TBred didn't come advertised as such, it was just another AXP (random)...When I saw the new shipment after someone said "hey, looks like AMD changed colour on their chips!" I snagged it! :-)

Cheers,
                  Charles

Comment

yea i noticed my asus board won't give teh cpu any less than 1.84volts even when i put it lower in bios....not that i really care:D

Comment

Anyone find new benchmarks on them yet? I am interested to see how they do benchmark computation wise, and how much less power they use.

Comment

cool

Comment

Working...
                        X