Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oc question about p4 1,6a

my p4 1,60a dont run stable at 2,13ghz on win2k i have vcore 1,775
    what can i do and what is the best vcore for tis speed?or is win 2k the problem?
    if someone know it please answer

It's possible that ya just have a CPU that won't go any further but try 1.8volts on the core if ya have good cooling then cooling maybe ya problem, could also be some other hardware that limiting to like memory or an add on card. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i think memory or addoncards are not the problem because the pci/agp is on 33/66 and the cooling is a intel *in a box* heatsink+fan. (not over 50 C or 54 C under load and i think thats ok.
      the pc crashs only by some programms:
      quicktime and 3ds max
      and the only addon cards ihave installed are : an amd pci scsi controler a soundblaster Live and my geforce 2 gts

Comment

yea there's always gona be poor o/c cpu's around....for exampple my AGIOA xp1800 doesn't wanto go much above 1.7ghz....even though most AGOIA's get like 1.9ghz

Comment

in the past I have experienced lower "overclockability" with my HD's in a Raid0 set up
          It wouldn be a bit of work - but you could try setting up your system with a single drive and se how far you get

Comment

I second Wiggo's thoughts about your particular chip just not going any faster. I'm running into that issue myself, as I can't make my 1.6A to hit a 140MHz FSB and pass Prime 95, no matter what I try (I have PC2700 DDR). The day I actually get a popular CPU that hit's what everyone else does is the day hell will freeze over. I know for a fact this chip won't be doing a 150MHz FSB as I've never gotten it to boot up successfully into Windows that way---regardless of voltage.

This isn't to be negative, but you need to realize not everyone is gonna have the same results.

Comment

Just remember that so long as you keep the temp of a P4 below 60c ya doin' alright. :smokin:

Comment

hmmm i thought the P4's start throttling bak at 58degrees:confused:

Comment

No throttlin' starts around 75c. ;)

Comment

did you guys miss this sentence?
                    the cooling is a intel *in a box* heatsink+fan.
                    The stock Heatsinks are not what you want to be using if you are overclocking. You should persue a better heatsink, just about anything will beat the intel Heatsink. Make sure to get one with made at least partially of copper.

Comment

lol yes zeradul...but me and wiggo are having a nice heated argument about throttling temps aren;t we?
                      ok compromise....70?

Comment

If ya like but my figure comes from a P4 expert. :p

Comment

oh dealing woth darkside again are we wiggo?:p
                          lol yea interceptor i;d ditc that stock cooler if i were u....and for god sakes get some decent airlfow into ur system:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

I've always dealt with the darkside but ya never know when I'll be called apon to assemble or troubleshoot a P4 for someone. ;)

Comment

lol watch out tohugh...one of em mite decide to electrocute u...or stab u with it's pins:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

Working...
                              X