Raid hdd issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid hdd issues?

I went over to a friends house to work on their computer for them and ended up replacing their video card. As I was working on it I was messing around with their intel raid storage and noticed that it was not working anymore and it said the driver was not installed. I went into bios and checked and somehow the bios was now on ide instead of raid. How the heck it got changed no one knows because they have no idea how to get into the bios.
    I have never had to do this before but what am I going to do to get the raid back on for them. Do I unhook one hdd and then go into bios and turn on raid and start the computer with one hdd and then tell it to rebuild? Would someone be willing to give me step by step instructions on how to do this if you know because I have never had to do this before. Thanks.
    Windows 7 Professional
    (2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    3 -2TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Rosewill RDCR-11003 74-in-1 USB3.0 3.5 Internal Card Reader
    1 Asus Blu Ray Burner
    1 Plextor DVD Burner

Re: Raid hdd issues?

Well if you have not tried to boot to windows you can just go in the BIOS and set RAID back on. It likely happened because you somehow cleared the CMOS

If they or you have already tried to load windows at all the RAID Array will be lost and there will be nothing you can do but format and reinstall

Leave all Hard drives where they are!!! Just go in the BIOS and find and turn on RAID

Comment

Working...
    X