Ti4600 at top??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ti4600 at top??

Was wondering if the Ti4600 still is the fastest cards on market or if they have been "outscored" by someother card?

:confused:

Still the fastest atm but what will happen when both Matrox's and ATi's new cards are released we'll just have to wait and see. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Isn't the GF5 coming out in August? Wiggo?:?:
      - Damien

Comment

Usually nVidia releases at 6 month intervals but whether they can keep to this or stay in front of the others is yet to be seen as in life anything is possible. :smokin:

Comment

Ahhhh WWW= Wiggo's Words of Wisdom :laugh:
          - Damien

Comment

I wouldn't expect too much from the Matrox card unless they can get the core speed up a good bit more. While the features of the card are impressive, it lacks the sheer processing power needed to remain competitive.

I'm still waiting on Creative, though. With four big names in the hunt, things could get very interesting. :)
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

What are Creative going to do?

Comment

They took over 3DLabs. ;)

Comment

But are they actually going to / currently producing something bigger and better?

Comment

The technology is there but how they exacute it will be the tellin' factor. :smokin:

Comment

True dat. Hopefully, they will improve their image. A lot of people, especially at the 2CPU forums, are not happy with Creative's sound cards. Hopefully they won't botch their 3DLabs acquisition.

Comment

A lot will also depend on their driver support which up until now has been mediocre at best. :(

Comment

I completly disagree with the comments towards the Matrox. Sheer processing power isnt everything. Look at mac pc's. they arent the highest mghz around but their frontside bus on some models as far as i know matches the speed of the cpu for absolutly zero lag through the board and with them using 64 bit for awhile now they've been quite ahead of the game in comparison to ibm compat's.
                          same goes for matrox. They alteast, unlike other companies, matrox recognize that most people dont need to see 200 frames/sec + in low polygon/fx zones in the game only to have it slowed down to 2 frames/sec when you finally blow the dude up.
                          get urself another clocked up p4 sys, ill be saving my money for the AMD sledgehammer and matrox card when they come out. more efficient, and more for my money.

Comment

MythioS,
                            You seem to be taking my comments out of context. I never said that the new features of the Matrox card were not worthy, but that without a boost to the core speed, it would not be competitive. There is a huge difference between the two statements. But to help clear things up, here's what I'm talking about...

The new Matrox card (Parhelia) has some awesome new features. Two blazing examples of this are the native support for up to three monitors and a new FSAA technology that equates to 16x, and still maintaining a playable frame rate! But when it comes to actual sales of your product line, FPS sells video cards... PERIOD. Agree or not, the choice is up to you, but take a good look at the current sales trends in today's modern video boards. When it comes right down to it, the boards capable of the highest FPS rates are getting all the praise, and people are buying them left and right. Either that or they buy a category down and overclock it to the higher levels to get those same FPS rates.

So understand that I'm not dogging the Matrox card, just the fact that if they can't boast pure power, then they will gather a small niche following and that is all.

Oh... and bringing a Mac into this debate is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
                            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                            My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                              Oh... and bringing a Mac into this debate is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
                              Nice analogy there Darth. :) I'm with you on this one.

Firstly, you didn't need to go to Macs to prove that clock speeds aren't everything. Just look at the Intel vs AMD war, and that speaks for itself.

Secondly, the Matrox card does has plenty of very impressive features, which will put it in a class of it's own, but it is seriously real world performance that will make people want to buy the card. Until there are some review samples out and about, and we can actually compare the card to current cards, then we rely on figures to preview how it will perform, and the figures aren't all that good...

Personally, I am looking forward to the Parhelia. Matrox cards have impressed me for years, and if they can offer something that builds on their past performance, then it will definitely be a force to be reckoned with.

EDIT: One more thing. MythioS, it's fair enough that you were sticking up for the Matrox, but shouldn't you see how well it actually works before you start saying you'll buy one?

Comment

Working...
                              X