Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just use FSB

i want to OC my to PC by use FSB...

1. the frist pc is a Epox 8k3a+ AMD XP 1900 two DDR 256 PC2700(512) GF4 64DDR and right now 4 hard drive cpu fan is a volcano 7+

2. i have a Epox 8hka+ AMD XP 1900 three DDR two 256 and one 128 PC 2100(640) GF2 32 and two hard drive cpu fan is a volcano 7

i an run WIN XP Home and PRO this PC are self build by me :D

can any one help me..:confused: :confused: :confused:

It shouldn't be too difficult as both of the EPoX boards you mentioned use the Award BIOS. When you boot up and here the single beep indicating that the memory has finished being tested, just hit the Delete key to enter the BIOS. Once there you should find a header labeled Frequency/Voltage Control. This is where you make adjustments to the FSB settings of your motherboard. Just take the speed up a few MHz at a time until you start losing stability (or until the machine locks completely). Then back it off a few MHz and go for the gusto. You'll be enjoying free speed. :)

Oh... and if you take it so far that you just get a black screen (maybe with a flashing cursor, maybe not), then you've gone too far. You'll find a jumper on the 8KHA+ board labeled JBAT1. It is located behind the fourth PCI slot from AGP. Take the jumper and switch it between the leads, leave it there for about 10 seconds or so, then put it back where it was to begin with. This resets the BIOS settings to factory default. I can't say for sure if the 8K3A board has this same jumper, but I'm betting that it does. Check the manual before tweaking to make sure you know how to reset the CMOS values.

Let us know how you do. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

ruff97,

the experts say also that improving memory performance is a good step too. some say the first.

to work with the memory setting when you're in the bios, go to Advanced Chipset Features --> DRAM Clock/Drive Control --> System Performance. default is Normal but you can increase progressively to Turbo. this will effect the fsb and dram frequencies you see. your memory will determine how far you ultimately can go but as you increase the memory settings you might have to increase Vdimm back under the Frequency/Voltage Control that Darthtanion noted. to go Turbo on my system I had to increase Vdimm to 2.7V from the 2.5V default.

as you increase the fsb settings via Darthtanion's suggestions, you may have to increase the core voltage too. Be gentle. :flames:

Comment

How about the PCI/AGP dividers?...do you need to do any tweaking with that..or no? Oh, and another thing...setting the memory to turbo will make you have to increase the voltage or no? THX:thumb:
        - Damien

Comment

ok Darthtanion i will try it and as for deeppow do i have to change my memory to Turbo..?

Do i have too increase the vcore for the cpu or can i not change it.. and the memory

and Flaco Q. too:cheers:

Comment

Actually just increasing the FSB will increase memory performance as well. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ok but do i have to do what "deeppow" say to do with the memory..

and i OC my Epox 8hka+ use the FSB to 140 and so far it is Ok

i do not have to up the Voltage do i

Comment

If ya not getting any errors or instability then a voltage increase is not nescessary and ya can try experimenting with the memory timings and see how ya go. Only when errors and/or instability happens do ya need to increase the voltages. :smokin:

Comment

hi but did u use abit kr7a-rain mainboard before my after 140 fsb it will starting to hang but at my friend house is ok becouse he is using epox mainboard .the ram is the same only the mainboard is defreend can u help me

Comment

ruff,
                    Changing the memory timings to TURBO isn't necessary, but some folks change it to that setting to try to get better performance out of the memory. I don't use it because it changes the DRAM Command Rate to 1T, and certain memory modules (a lot of them actually) have a hard time functioning at this timing spec. If you just make sure that the SDRAM Cycle Length is set to a value of 2, then you should do fine for performance.

And as to the voltages, just go with what Wiggo told you. You should be able to run safely at 1.85v without worry. Just keep an eye on temperatures of the processor. As long as it doesn't go over about 48C, then you'll be fine. If it does, then you might want to look into better heatsinks and more efficient case cooling. I wouldn't recommend changing the voltages to the memory too much, however, unless you have some sort of active memory cooling solution in place. DDR memory doesn't allow too much in the way of voltage advances before it begins to revolt.

bit****,
                    I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're asking. If it's a matter of getting beyond 140MHz FSB, then try bumping the core voltage up a bit (1.85v maximum without special cooling) and the memory timing back to CAS 2.5 or CAS 3. If you're hitting the limit that quickly, it can sometimes be a matter of the memory not being able to handle the data flow.
                    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                    My Toys

Comment

ok thx Darthtanion.. i be run the epox 8hka+alnight at FSB 140 make it xp 2000+ (1680). run to test 3DMark2001 SE and pcmark2002. and play game like SPIDERMAN THE MOVIE and Jedi Knight II with no problem and.. the cpu fan i an run is a volcano 7 the temp i was gte befor OC was 45-50C and now i an OC i get the some temp.. is this ok :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

and later today i will OC my ohter PC .

PS should i see if i can OC the first one more

Comment

thaks alot but i try change it to pc 2700 c how if still have the same problem than how

the voltage in cppu core is max aready is at 1.85

i think thisboard got problem raid at xp also cant use may problem about this board nextime i think i buy asus bater lah

Comment

bit**** that's very unusual as Abit boards are very good overclockers so the only thing I can is that you either have the memory timmings set too aggressively or some add on card that you have is the culprit. :smokin:

Comment

Working...
                          X