No announcement yet.

Need help in the correct oc process....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in the correct oc process....

for my SOYO Dragon Plus! mb and Athlon XP 1800+. I know how to oc it in the BIOS but I just want some assurance from you pros out there. What are the recommendations for upping the fsb and lowering the multipliers, etc? Please help I am a newb but I also want a stable and reliable system. My goal is running my system at 1.7 ghz. Is that possible? Thanks. Man, computers are like cars...=)

Well, first, if you want to drop the multiplier, you'll need to unlock the L1 bridges.

As for the OC goal, it all depends on the chip. Maybe so, maybe no.

Comment

I have my 1800+ running at 2100+ with a 150MHz FSB and no multiplier adjustments and with only a slight core voltage increase though I'm running PC2700 memory. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Do you really need to lower the multipliers to overclock the 1800 on the soyo dragon plus? Right now I have mine at 143mhz fsb and a slight increase in the vcore. Does it also matter what kind of memory you have also? One more thing, I set my dram clock to 133 from 100, is that ok? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Comment

No you don't need to unless you want to use even higher FSB speeds. Though in some cases good high speed memory alone will usually do that anyway. :smokin:

Comment

Thank you for your input Wiggo. Can you explain a little about the dram clock settings? I have it on 133 from 100. My vcore is set +0.25 degrees above normal. Just wanna be cautious. Excuse me for my noobness. Thanks

Comment

You should have have your setting at 133 which is the FSB speed of your processor (100 is for Durons and older 100FSB Athlons). Other memory settings in BIOS are better explained by reading this, http://www.rojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz...uide/Index.htm , and this, http://www.amdworld.co.uk/twea.htm (even though based on the KT333 chipset a lot of this will be found on the KT266A). Your core voltage is fine up 1.85volts for good air cooling. Some boards offer more but top end cooling solutions are really needed for voltages in excess of 1.85volts. :smokin:

Comment

Dont forget to check case pressure weekly, change your thermal paste regulary and service your Case Fans every 10,000benchmarks

Wow, they are like cars!

:D

Comment

Thanks again all. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Comment

yea and don;t forget when o/c there is quita alot of luck involved and also things like nic's and internal modems and TV tuners can seriously restrict your o/c. my fsb con;t go any higher than 148 bcos of my internal modem...and my xp1800 is stuck at 1.7ghz...but soon when i get ADSL i wKill be able to replace it with a good nic...also i am going to get an Epox 8K3A so i can run 166fsb with 1/6th dividers. y havn't i unloked my xp1800? bcos i recently stuffed my xp2000 on my unlocking attempt an di'm not in a hurry to try it again:cheers:

Comment

hey Wiggo
                      how did u "I have my 1800+ running at 2100+ with a 150MHz FSB and no multiplier adjustments and with only a slight core voltage increase though I'm running PC2700 memory. " i have a 1900+ and i get it at 140 for a 2000+ tell me how u did it and what mb are u use..
                      :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Comment

It's my No.2PC so all details but the 5% core voltage increase are in my sig link though I have got better from a 8K3A+ with Corsair XMS3000 memory that I built which has obtained 1750MHz with the CPU unlocked and at 10x175 (probably would go higher with extreme cooling). But mostly everything relies on how lucky you are at getting a good CPU but using only quality parts plays a heavy roll too in what can be achieved. :smokin:

Comment

O.k, I now have my 1800 running at 1.63 GHz, with a slight bump in the vcore (+0.25), dram clock set to 133, and some bios tweaks. My system is running at a consistent 36-37 degrees celcius. Is that normal, good, or bad? thanks again

Comment

Are those idle or full load temps? So long as full load stay under 50c there's no problems. :smokin:

Comment

Wiggo is it unlock.. i have a 8K3A+ and a 8kha+ and the 8hka+ is at 140 if i go high win xp will not boot and my 8k3a+...

so did u increase core voltage too:zzz:

Comment

Working...
                              X