asus a7v333 problems, need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus a7v333 problems, need advice.

there are a couple of things that i'm not too sure about so i'd like some advice.

#1 the voltage seems to stay at 13.1volts, is that too high?

#2 my processor stays at about 55c deg. and i've seen it go up as high as 59c deg. is that too high?

#3 my computer is locking up more and more for the last couple of days. It slows down real quick, especially when i'm watching episodes of the family guy:) and then something will lock up so I ctrl+alt+del and try and close the program and when I do that I lose my whole desktop and the task manager won't even come back up. And it's not like i'm pushing the limits of my computer or anything, just a second ago, all I had running was IE so i could get onto this forum and that locked up. But, it's not doing it all the time which is what's so frustrating because I have no idea what the problem is. It's getting really annoying and since I'm not very technical yet when it comes to tech supporting myself, I need some advice.

Thanks!

Being Asus reported temps are usually higher than the real thing though with your probs it could be heat so what CPU cooler are you using and does the PC run cooler with the case open? :?:
    Also with your voltage that is over the 5% mark (closer the 10%) though whether that would cause probs I'm not sure. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

it runs about a degree cooler with the side panel off.
      The heatsink is a dynatron Dy1206BH-610
      The fan is 60x60x10 running at about 5700rpm

I uninstalled gator, cmeII and gmt that kazaa and audiogalaxy put on my system, i think that might take care of the problem. There is another folder that i don't recognize....it's called "flt" i've tried to delete it but it says it's being used and it's not included in any of the processes in task manager. inside, there's an flt.dll file and a flt.mon file. does anyone have any info on this folder?

Comment

I am experiencing other problem, my computer frequently (approx every 40-50 sec) lockups for 1-2seconds.. I have tried to update the mobo bios, drivers, but nothing helps, even I tried to do a clean install of win2000.

I am using:
        a7v333 ver. 1007
        Athlon XP 1700+
        512mb Apacer
        2x 20GB Maxtor 7200
        1x 40GB Maxtor 7200
        MSI GeForce3 Ti200 128mb
        3Com 56k internal modem
        Realtek 10/100
        Teac 540E CDRW
        Creative infra 52x cdrom

Anyone can help me with this problem? Thanks in advance

Comment

I am using a MYPOWER casing with 6 fan mounting, 4 on the front casing and 2 on back casing. Using a standard heatsink with 8cm fan (2pieces) and with one of the expansion bays covers open, I managed to keep the cpu temp below 53 (51-52c average)

Comment

Heyas all,

I'm about to purchase the a7v333 raid. And have read the review on it by cameron. At the conclusion of the review it states that their problems with the texas instrument onboard firewire chipset and the Sound Blaster audigy firewire. Their is a driver from texas instrument for this problem. Does anyone know where I can download this driver. As I have checked the texas instrument site out and couldn't find it...

thanks all!

:afro:

Comment

chadc281:

In response to your computer locking up problem it may be cause you memory is not running at 2.78v-2.85v...this is the default voltage for the ddr ram for the asus a7v333...

You can change the ddr voltage via the VDDR jumpers....
              Here is a article that I found while surfing on the web for probs with the firewire.....

http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherbo...a7v333/5.shtml

See if that helps....let me know if it fixed your problem

:afro:

Comment

I've solved the problem, only by replacing one jumpers on my HDD which is connected to the raid controller, thanks for your reply.

Comment

do i need to set my motherboard to jumper free mode before I change the ddr voltage jumper? I believe that the jumper is set to the default position, however according to the article that you posted there, they recommended lowering the voltage.

Also, my DIMM sits like right beside the CPU and i'm afraid that maybe there's a little too much heat hitting the DIMM, would there be any harm moving the DIMM to slot 3 instead of slot 1?

Thanks!

Comment

i don't really think you need to worry about the DDR voltage (unless overclocking), nor the heat hitting the DIMM :\
                    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
                    X