Power Shut off issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Shut off issue

I am putting this here because I can't think of anywhere else to put it...

I setup a new MB, Epox 8K3A, works beautifully! Only thing is that it does something that I consider strange for new MBs. When I shut down it goes to the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" screen and just sits there. It doesn't actually turn off the power to the system. From there I either have to use the PSU switch to kill the power or hold the power button for 4 seconds. When I use the PSU switch that is pretty complete... as it should be, but when I use the power button, there is still power to parts of the system, like my mouse. I can tell because it glows red when it has power. I was thinking it is probably a bios setting, but I find the one that makes it power down automatically. I never had this issue with my Epox 8K7A MB. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Win98SE.

JM:wave:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Do you have the 98SE Shutdown Patch?
    Also reading this may help. :smokin:

Comment

That isn't exactly the problem I am having. It doesn't seem to be a bug or anything and it isn't "hanging." It seems to be behaving like an AT machine, instead of an ATX. Just that you have to manually power down the machine after you shut down windows, instead of it power down automatically. It just seems like I have a setting wrong or something like that. I think I am gonna try Epox's site, but if you think of anthing else, let me know.

JM :afro:

Comment

OK I just flashed the latest BIOS from Epox's site and all is well. No more power down issues! :thumb:

JM :afro:

Comment

glad ya fixed ur issues with mother.........

surprised u had to resort to being a flasher............

:thumb: Glab ur rigs run ko............

D

Comment

If he was using 2000 or XP then the problem was probably due to the ACPI/Power management being turned off in the BIOS. The fact that it worked after a BIOS flash means that the newer version has the power management/ACPI on by default.

Comment

Fragman, If you had read the very first message, I stated that I was using Win98SE, not Win2K or XP. I do know how to setup my power manager, usually I disable it. The issue that I was having, was one of about three known issues that they specifically addressed with the latest BIOS revision. It wasn't something that I was doing wrong. Thank you anyway.

Dlab- No one was around when I flashed, unfortunately So things didn't get real interesting. I have been pretty busy lately. I haven't been in the BG much lately. Only had time to cruise the tech forums. Truth be told, I miss the BG. :cry: But such is life on the edge. I will look for you in the BG.

JM:afro:

Comment

Sorry dude I missed that bit :)

Comment

Fragman - Its all good! :wave:

Comment

Working...
                  X