thermal paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermal paste

how many time do i have to change my thermal paste. once a mouth....?

i was read from a other forum and this person say to change it regulary. lust want to know :confused:

I've never heard of anyone putting a time frame on changing out TIM, but I normally do enough reviews of coolers that it doesn't stay on too long. I have had a couple of times, though, that I was able to use the same setup for about two months or so and I never had any problems. And using Arctic Silver, the paste still looked to be in good condition when I removed the heatsink.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Artic Silver 3 is real good...and like Darth mentioned there really is no need to replace very often unless you got some nasty frag tape going on there...recommended to remove that and use the paste ...Artic seems best and one lil syringe will last you for quite a while.:thumb:
      - Damien

Comment

for good quality thermal compound like arctic silver2 or 3 i'd say no need to change for at least 6 months:cheers:

Comment

Chis you just decided to dig up old Threads huh...and rack up on posts:p ...lol: peace2:
          - Damien

Comment

The only significance that post count has is showing how many times you have posted. Thats it.

It has nothing to do with how smart you are, how fast you are, what size shoes you wear, how much you make, etc. etc.

As your posts are read, people get a feeling for the value of your suggestions / opinions, and the ONLY thing that can boost the opinions people have of you is your POST CONTENT. Going about thinking that post count is what people judge you on will get you nowhere. Post count is not something that should be shown with every post, if recorded at all.

Comment

well the main reason i dig up old threads sometimes is cos i'm bored....and anyway i didn't even know this thread was old...maybe i should check the date eh?duh;)

although it's nice having a big post number i honestly think bcoming a part of teh community and getting to know ppl is much more important...:p

dammit zeradul ur avatar is taunting me

Comment

Old posts are great :thumb:

And my post count comment wasn't directed at anyone specific, I was just commenting how futile anddissapointing it is to see someone posting for no reason other than increasing their count.

I will probably change my avatar eventually, it is kind of distracting, and it kind of infers an agressive attitude that I don't want to portray with my posts.

Comment

For what it's worth, I think it's hilarious. Good movie too.

Comment

I have nothing against bringing old threads up...like Zeradul said himself "Old posts are fun". Makes you see how your opinions were a month ago to the ones now. I just made that comment towards posts because of the confidence i have with the people at TweakTown; in other words, it was joke. I do believe in content and Chis does have valueable things to say just like many other guys around the forum. Anyways keep up the good work guys and much love...and Zeradul why change the avatar?...you are one cool dude...just like posts amounts an avatar is a fun to have...and by your content you are a cool dude in my book.:thumb: : peace2:
                    - Damien

Comment

yea see it's all good:D :D :D
                      *watching post counter go up*---j/k: party ha
                      yea zeradul dun change ur avatar!!!

and yea zerdaul i know where ur coming from..in some larger forums ppl are often judged purely on their post count rather than the value and content of their posts

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                        Post count is not something that should be shown with every post, if recorded at all.
                        :eek: you mean to imply that there might be other reasons for living?

:laugh:
                        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I was hoping at least.. haha :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

lol u should be ashamed of ur gigantic post count MR C:p

Comment

I've got about a 5 1/2 month head start on you dude.
                              It's not that I type fast or anything:devil:
                              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                              X