Grand Theft Auto 3 banned in Aus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto 3 banned in Aus...

Don't know how many of you guys out there know this (or care), but GTA3 was pulled off the shelves in Australia as the Office of Film and Literature Classifications decided not to rate it, as they thought it was too violent etc... for people to play. Some places still hire it out though, and I got a chance to play it on my PS2 today, and I must say it is a kick ass game! Yet, I can see where they are coming from with the rating.. in a weird kinda way.

There is an appeal happening to see if they can continue to sell it, but until that happens, i can't buy my copy.. :(

Same thing apparently happened with Ghost Recon as well, though I haven't seen much about that...

My first impression would be to find yourself a really good seller on eBay. Take advantage of the "Global Economy"

There are several who would probably like some repeat business, and once you've established reliabilibty with them - they would most likely "take requests".
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I was at my cousins house last weekend and he and his friends were so amped playing that game [he's 14 BTW]. I started watching them play and having been familiar with the original PC version of GTA had an idea what it was about..

Although i think its kind of fun to do things in that game which you couldn't or shouldn't do in real life. Life yank people out of their cars and drive off. or perhaps grabbing a cop's gun and shooting him..

But considering that I can see why they banned it..

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
        Don't know how many of you guys out there know this (or care), but GTA3 was pulled off the shelves in Australia as the Office of Film and Literature Classifications decided not to rate it, as they thought it was too violent etc... for people to play. Some places still hire it out though, and I got a chance to play it on my PS2 today, and I must say it is a kick ass game! Yet, I can see where they are coming from with the rating.. in a weird kinda way.

There is an appeal happening to see if they can continue to sell it, but until that happens, i can't buy my copy.. :(

Same thing apparently happened with Ghost Recon as well, though I haven't seen much about that...
        Yeah, it's a great game in my opinion - I've played it heaps on a friend's PS2.

Was a bit scary getting driven home @ 5:00am by a guy who'd just spent 8 hours crashing into stuff :D.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris

Was a bit scary getting driven home @ 5:00am by a guy who'd just spent 8 hours crashing into stuff :D.
          I had the same problem last time i was in warrnambool - spent several hours crashing go carts and then tried to drive the car the same as the go carts
          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

that sucks :mad:

hehehehe
            i know what ya mean osiris and kheldar
            TT Original

Comment

tell me about it.. I was playing it at Kinko's on my PS2 and had to drive back to hamilton.. I'm surprised I didn't get a ticket or 12 for reckless driving.. :)

maybe that's why they ban stuff like that... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                My first impression would be to find yourself a really good seller on eBay. Take advantage of the "Global Economy"
                Only one problem with that... I don't like my chances of finding a Aus version of the game, as PS2 games are region coded... :( but i'll check it out.

Comment

I have seen ghost recon in shops throughout aus

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy

Only one problem with that... I don't like my chances of finding a Aus version of the game, as PS2 games are region coded... :( but i'll check it out.
                    If PS2 games can be burnt easily, I could get you a copy probably, Beefy...

Comment

If PS2 games can be burnt easily, I could get you a copy probably, Beefy...
                      to my knowledge, ps2 games are dvds so unless you have a $1500 dvd burner, i doubt you can burn it easily ;)
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

in that case, beefy has it covered ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy

to my knowledge, ps2 games are dvds so unless you have a 00 dvd burner, i doubt you can burn it easily ;)
                          To my knowledge, Andy, I have access to a $1500 DVD-RAM :p.

Weren't expecting that, were ya ;).

Comment

well in that case, you can package it up and ship it on up to me :D

ohm, and BTW dvd ram drives have caddies for the disks and you can't, (yet again) to my knowledge, get the disk out unless you want to damage the disk
                            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                              well in that case, you can packagfe it up and ship it on up to me :D
                              How about... no :p ;).

Comment

Working...
                              X