sis645 chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sis645 chipset

after buying the (asus p4s333) with the sis645 chipset i can't run any high graphic games with windows xp. everything is fine with windows me. i got the agp driver for xp, but still freezes for every game i attempt to play. is this a common problem with this chipset or am i that dumb to not realize what's wrong. if any has any suggestions please let me know. i really need some help.??? .

I have a geforce 3 and i am havinbg the same issue. I tested everything. Replaced the HD/ram/souns/nic/cpu

With the video card I tested my card in a older via board and it was fine. I tested my geforce3 in a buddys p4s333 board and no probs under XP.
    I tested a Geforce 256 had same prob but crashes happened way sooner. Tested it with a ATI rage fury and no crashes just slow :(

Tested with win2k still crashes. On XP system is able to do a system dump then reboots. Error message says the nvidia driver or device caused the machine to become unstable. In win2k machine just freezes.

Apps i have seen this effect are:
    Everquest - Doesnt happen often but can happen 2mins or 5hrs of playing.
    Warcraft 3 crashes with in 20sec of starting if rez is higher than 1024/768. If lower it can crash randomly.
    3dMark se - with the geforce 256 happens in the first driving test. But on the gef3 crashes at the pixel tests (where all the max payne guys are shooting each other). If i turn off hardware t&l it doesnt crash on that test but ends up crashing on the nature tests.

Since i was able to test all this on another board as mine im sure its a manufacture defect. Seems whenever their is lots of bandwidth put threw the agp it crashes.

Im glad to see another person with this problem also glad to see not alot of people have this problem.

Comment

No doubt you guys have installed any chipset drivers for the board, but ill chip in with a sis645 chipset is dodgey message too.

woeful boards, nice bandwidth scores, but poor performance and stability.

Comment

I took my who comp in to the shop i bought the board from to show them the problem. I replaced the board with a different one and bam it was fine. So long crashes hello RMA...

Comment

I've been warned away from any MB's with the SIS645 chipset - sounds like it may have been good advice :D

Comment

Working...
          X