The big screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big screen!

I pick up my DreamVision Starlight DL500 projector tonight :D :D ! I'll be watching DVD's on a 330cm display all weekend! It's gonna be great!

Hate to rain on your parade, but until you've played a PS2 on a cinema screen, you ain't seen nothing.. :)

Comment

Bugger.....

But this is going to be in my own theater room with a beer fridge and everything!!!........ I still don't win do I!?!

Seriously though, what was the display like? I've been told PS2 looks like crap on a big screen because it doesn't use a progressive scan. I spose being a cinema though, they'd have pretty decent video processors?

Comment

Actually, it was a LAN we had at a public auditorium thing. The screen was down, and I 'borrowed' a couple cheap portable projectors from work.. hooked up two PS2's side by side on the big screen. Quality wasn't too bad at all...

A couple times I've taken one home for the weekend though. They are very nice watching TV with. ;)

Comment

It is good isn't it :D ! Home theater as a serious hobbie keeps you very poor though :( !

Comment

That's why I just borrow the gear.. I don't actually go out and buy it.. :)

Comment

I think theres a leson in there for me. I've sunk over 15K on my home theater in the last 18 months:(

Comment

Yowzah!
                You must watch a lot o' movies.

What kind of popcorn popper you got for a setup like that:?:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

After spending that kinda monet I can't afford a popcorn popper!:rolleyes:

I made a mistake with my screen size too. It's actually 370cm diagonal, which is just under 3m wide and about 2.2m high. I just watched Pearl Harbour! Very impressive:D! Lucky I've got about 60 DVD's on my server, I can't afford to go and hire or buy any until pay day ;) .

The image should give you an idea. I haven't got a screen yet, but thta's a 68cm tv you can see at the bottom! MMMM......Big

:D

Comment

very nice.. Now, I don't know how far you want to take this, but I think you can buy a special kind of paint that diffuses the light differently when it hits the wall. Kinda like a projection screen... If you want that little bit more quality, I suggest you try find some of that... :)

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about something along those lines. I was going to have a big canvas made up and I was going to paint that with the paint you mentioned. However, I haven't had much luck finding where to buy some:(

Comment

I can't say I've looked for it myself... but it's out there somewhere..

Comment

If you are looking for a cheap screen there is a place in Melb that makes them and always has a lot going cheap, I paid $450 for my glass bead 100" roll down screen secondhand and it's in good nick, just can't remember the name if you are interested let me know and I can find out more if you like:)

Comment

A 100" glass bead sceen for $450 is pretty damn good! I'm probably looking for a 110" fixed silver screen. Please do let me know of the place you're talking about.

P.S, have you had any trouble with your screen? I've heard glass bead screens can be hard to keep clean.

Comment

I have only used my screen very little as we have just moved house, It was secondhand when I got it and it's not 100% clean but not bad. I only got a glass bead as I have a 3 gun projector if you have a LCD one you are better off getting a flat surface screen.

Can't find the reciept for the screen for the company details so I'll have to investigate further:confused:

Comment

Working...
                              X