XP freezes when it pleases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP freezes when it pleases

Hi all, My pc just started to freeze the other day. I haven't changed anything. Sometimes it will run for 10 min. sometimes it happens when I boot. I have to use the power button or pull the plug. It won't ctrl, alt, del or reset. I have XP home OS, Soyo Dragon plus mobo, Athlon XP 1800, 512 ddr, 2, 60 gig hd's, cdrw etc. I have plenty of fans and it doesn't do it during games. any help would be appreciated. Thanx

What kind of power supply? Are you using any other major power-sucking devices on the same line? Have you recently plugged in something to a nearby power point?

Comment

Hi, I have an Enermax 400 watt. It is about 3 months old.
      The mem. is 6 months old. I ran a memory checker and it showed everything is ok. I am going to check another power supply and different mem. in the pc this week end. Nothing was added on
      the same outlet as tghe pc. Once it does get going, it runs fine all day. Thanx:confused:

Comment

Mine puter begins to freeze sometimes.

After 8 hours i decided to beboot and it hangs on welcom screan, or on the desktop, also on boot.

I restart puter on restart device controllers and i reboot.

somehow it works....

i dont know if this have something with drivers from creative for 2k, or if have something with scsi hd that i try to connect on last saturday...

Comment

Working...
        X