Overclocking My Video Card, HOW!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking My Video Card, HOW!?

I have a hercules geforce 2 gts pro graphics card, and i wanted to know how to overclock this. Hercules provides a program for this, but i dont like the interface and it seems way to simple. I also dont like having a program run in the background of my computer. Is there any solution???

You can enable coolbits through a registry hack - it's contained in nVidia drivers - so there's no 3rd party utilities

run/regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE

SOFTWARE

NVIDIA Corporation

Global

NVTweak

add a new DWORD called "Coolbits"

set the value to 3 w/a hex. base

restart you computer

look in your advanced display properties for the new tab

Comment

I downloaded the latest nVidia drivers lately, and when i went to play counterstrike, i had like a five second delay from when i pressed the keys. I thought i was lagging, but my ping was perfect and i had never had that problem before. I then reinstalled the latest factory drivers, and the problem was gone. If i use the factory drivers and not the nvidia ones, can i still do what u say? and if not, could i fix the problem??

Comment

The only drivers that the Coolbits registry hack won't work with are the WHQL drivers meant for Windows 2k and XP. ;)
        <center></center>

Comment

I'm using the 7.58's on an NT4 box at work & coolbits works with those drivers - but some of the new NT/2000 drivers doesn't support it

Comment

I believe that I have heard that the newest GeForce Tweak Utility will work with the Det4 drivers. You can get it at www.guru3d.com on their downloads page. It would require a GUI to get everything set up, but I don't believe that it runs in the background. It just makes the appropriate change to the registry and then closes itself down. It also saves a copy of the registry before you make the change, so if you dick up the system you can revert back again. :)
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

actually powerstrip will also let you change the clock & then close the utility - so nothing runs in the background

Comment

im running windows xp pro, so what does that mean, what options are still available??????

Comment

The same ones as listed above. :)
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

ty

Comment

Working...
                    X