Counter strike crashing or blue screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter strike crashing or blue screen

Im having major issues with my system crashing when trying to play counter strike and other games. I have been reading alot of threads with people having the same issues in games with this set up.

I can run counter-strike on normal settings with bios set to optimal settings for around 10-20 minutes average. I have my video card running under load @ 40c.

Scenarios: a) playing counter strike until freeze then goes to blue screen stating either memory or nv4_disp
    b) freezes up during counter strike play boots me out of game and shows a notice stating "nv4_disp driver has stop responding"
    c) just freezes up during regular window applications.

Heres my set up:

GA-ep45-ud3r
    E7300 core 2 duo
    ocz2rpr10662G (sticker on side reads 5-5-5 @2.2v)
    evga 9800gtx+
    western digital 250gig 7200rpm
    pc power & cooling 500watt silencer.
    Windows xp sp3
    Nvidia 180 (brand new drivers)

HELP!!!!!!

Re: Counter strike crashing or blue screen

Your notations reflect an issue with the video drivers. If this is not a new setup, then you might try looking into a nVidia driver cleaning utility and reinstall an older version that you know is stable. If it is a new setup, then try uninstalling the video card and removing the drivers and reinstalling.

It could also very well be a power problem. You are running a high-end video card and a 500w PSU. Though PCP&C makes a decent product, how much power do you have on the 12v rail? Since your problems crop up when playing 3D games, it is very possible that your video card is simply starving for power... and when it doesn't get enough it hacks up a hairball and BSOD's on you.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Ya it makes sense, my 12v rail is well the 3v and 5v are only taking 130watts and the rest is used for the 2 12v rails and on 5v. Heres a link to the psu. Tell me what you think.

Silencer 500 EPS12V

I have my ram settings on 5-5-5-15 @ 2.2v and everything else is pretty much stock i have my EIST disabled.

Comment

It isn't the wattage so much as the amperage. Your PSU is an older design with only a single 12v rail, but it is rated at 35A. The 9800GTX series requires a PSU that has a minimum amperage rating of 24A so you should be all right. Save the power thought til the end and try the driver recommendations first. Then if the issue persists and you have a buddy with a more potent power supply, give it a try and see if it still produces the same issues. That will at least try to aim the problem in a specific direction to try to narrow where the actual issue resides.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Ya i already tried uninstalling and installing older ones didnt work. So i dont believe its the drivers.

Is there any tool to use to test your video card and psu together?

I also seem to get this little rectangular boxes on my 22in lcd that are just blank no bigger than your cursor. They appear to be the same color of what ever the rectangular box is sitting on. For example if i opened up steam i would get a little dark gray steam colored box somewhere usually where motion has just taken place.

Comment

Working...
          X