Last Question :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Question :)

What is the best way to increase cooling in the case.
    Bottom front 80mm fan blowing fresh air in or sucking hot air out? Top back 120mm fan blowing fresh air in or blowing hot air out? Also how can i make my fans suck hot air out or blow fresh air in? :confused: :confused:

Tommorow i will have my Celeron500 MHz replaced with an XP 1700+. Finally :hammer: :hammer: :

Warm air rises
    so I always intake at the bottom & exhaust at the top

Comment

Still i dont know how to make a fan as intake or exhaust

Comment

Look around the edges of the fan housing. You will see two arrows. The one that points sideways tells you which way the blades spin, and the other arrow tells you the direction of airflow.

To make a fan an intake, have the arrow pointing towards the inside of the case. To mae it an axhaust, reverse it and have it pointing outwards. ;)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

and if you have the blades facing outward make sure that you have a grille for the fan

fast spinning fan blades+ fingers= lots of swearing and tears+ bandaids :)
          TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
            and if you have the blades facing outward make sure that you have a grille for the fan

fast spinning fan blades+ fingers= lots of swearing and tears+ bandaids :)
            all too true :(

was testing a 12 cm fan a lil while back, and at the tip of the fan blade, it was really pointy, my finger slipped and i quote "OUCH!!!!! F************************************************* *CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " ;)
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

yes i do that occasionally as well

well.................. quite often actually. :p
              TT Original

Comment

theres this little thing called care.... most people take it... and no it isnt a drug and no i dont sell it it comes naturally
                SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

And some people are born with higher internal levels of it than others :p
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

You think computer fans hurt...

There was this mid-spring day, where the temps were high and the humidity was near saturation point. I turned on the split system A/C in the lounge. Set to dehumidify mode. "Hmm, that's fairly cold air coming out of the vent," I thought, as I stuck my palm near the outlet. Stopped the auto slidy thing so it doesn't flap up and down or side to side... Yes, that is very chilly air! :cool:

Fingers go inside the vent, touched the inside bottom of the houseing. Finger travels upwards... upwards, creeping towards the source of the coldness. <THUD> Finger hits the scroll compressor. Short of trapping it in a closing car door, there could not be pain more horrific!! I lost feeling in the tip of my index and middle finger for several hours. There was internal bleeding I could see inside the nails. 3-4 days to recover to the point I could type normally again.

I'll NEVER be doing that again... Why did I do it in the first place? I dunno - watched too much of Malcolm in the Middle and decided to be a Reese I guess. ;) :laugh:
                    Onyx

TweakTown
                    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Ha ha, your avatar says it all...

"STIMPY! You blithering IDIOT!" :eek:

Comment

Working...
                      X