Can you overclock this motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you overclock this motherboard?

I have a MicronPC comp bought at Best Buy. It has a Coppermine 700mhz cpu. The video and sound are on-board. The motherboard is called a Cascade III GVC 810e, etc. I have 512 mb of RAM. I want to try to overclock my cpu without having to buy a new motherboard. I am running windows me and when I get into my bios setup, I can't modfy my cpu speed. How can I go about overclocking this machine?

I couldn't find anything about that board with a quick search but as it's an Intel 810e chipset it's very unlikely to have any options for overclocking. Sorry. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

True enough... the i810 was Intels' absolute worst chipset for overclocking. It is also one of the main reasons that so many mass-manufacturers jumped right onboard when it hit the market. Crappy tweaking capabilities creates a much lower tech support requirement.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Is it true then that the cpu isn't bad and i can replace my mobo and still use this cpu? I have alot of things on board, and it's not very expandable and wanted to replace it anyway. It came with alot of nice peripherals (dvd, larger hd, monitor, etc.) but Video being on board is a bummer. I thought i'd take a chance to see if this one would be able to be oc'ed, but now my hopes lie in keeping costs down to replace the mobo and video, etc. Can u direct a fellow to a decent priced mobo?

Comment

Yes there are still some good motherboards out there supporting your CPU so have a look about and maybe someone may suggest some that are good overclockers. Ones based on the i815 chipset maybe a good starting point from almost any of the topline board makers if you don't mind the 512MB memory limit. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Since you have a manufactured PC, it might be a good idea to make sure you have an industry standard case. Today's motherboards require ATX cases to house them as well as ATX power supplies. Make sure where yours fits in before making your motherboard purchase.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X