Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much voltage?

hi all!
    for a while now i've been considering an upgarde to an Epox 8K3A from my ASUS A7V266E.....and while the tiny performance gain from the upgrade would not be worthwhile, the main attraction for me is the dividers for 166fsb and available cpu vcore up to 2.2volts...and i wanto know whether i'd be able to take much advantage of teh extra voltage.
    You see i have a swiftech mcx462...and it handles 1.85V with ease...but could i expect to hacle much more? i don;t think it's worth the upgade unless i can use at least 1.95V....what do u ppl think? would i be ablt to use teh extra voltage or would it be a waste of time?

also keep in mind that my case ventilation is excellent and that ambient temperature is quite cool in sydney and reaches about 30 at most in summer.any comments appreciated
    :cheers:

Yes with what you have (and I take it that ya have a screamin' Delta on it) then 1.95v shouldn't be to hard on it and maybe a bit more but do keep a close eye on ya temps just the same. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

sounds good...in that case it would be worth upgrading to an epox 8k3A...although i wonder if i should just get a thouroubred soon and keep my ram/mobo until clawhammer:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
        sounds good...in that case it would be worth upgrading to an epox 8k3A...although i wonder if i should just get a thouroubred soon and keep my ram/mobo until clawhammer:cheers:
        What is the Vcore- voltage you use to O/C your XP1800+ ???

Comment

Vcore=processor's voltage. Upping this helps in stability during overclocking. It also aids in raising the temperature too.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan_Lander
            Vcore=processor's voltage. Upping this helps in stability during overclocking. It also aids in raising the temperature too.

How much Vcore if i O/C XP1800 from (133FSB to 141FSB) ?

Comment

prolly none..i didn't have to up my voltage until i hit 150FSB...
              - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco
                prolly none..i didn't have to up my voltage until i hit 150FSB...
                I has up by+0.25 V-core... runing at 141FSB*11.50 = 1662Mhz

Comment

did you try it with out upping the voltage?
                  - Damien

Comment

my cpu is a bad overlcoker....i'm using 1.9 volts @1.72ghz:bounce:

Comment

I max out at 1.85v :cry:

Comment

yea asus A7V266e's are wierd....they always give u more voltage then u ask for....wen it says 1.75 in the bios it gives u 1.80..and with 1.85 i get 1.9:D

Comment

The amount of voltage needed is purely based on each individual CPU.

Comment

yea teh good o/c ones are the ones that can o/c well without much extra voltage....my fiend's AGIOA 1600 can reach 1.77ghz at stock voltage for e.g:D

Comment

But just because one person's certain stepping can do it don't expect another of the same stepping to do the same. :smokin:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X