CPU Temps & Heatsinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Temps & Heatsinks

I have a XP1900+ @141fsb 1692Mhz, cpu cooling is a Coolermaster HCC002 with a 80mm papst 34cfm fan (original fan way too noisey) & AS3. My temps at the moment are: 49c idle & 53c load(using Asus probe), are these temps ok or do I need extra cooling.
    I am thinking of getting the Thermalright AX-7 but, as it is a bit expensive, would like to know if I will get much improvment & if it will fit in a Asus A7V333 mb. :cool:

If you want a Thermalright your better going with the SKL-600, or if money is an issue then the Thermaltake Volcano 7+ is best bang for buck

Comment

Actually as your using an Asus Probe your temps maybe ok as Asus have a reputation for delivering inflated readings. Are you experiencing any lockups? Does your case have good air flow? What are your temps with the propper fan in place on the HCC002? That HSF should perform fairly well. :?:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Those temps aren't the best...but I heard by many here that ASUS gives bogus Temp readngs...suggestion to you is to DL Motherboard Monitor...check that out...and if it still similar temps ...then try a Volcano 7+ (real nice HS&F) and use some Artic Silver...but it might not be that at all it can be Case Cooling as well.. my point is that...lower temps would help and HS&F isn't everything that goes with cooloing i learned that not too long ago...Anyways try to see if other Temp Monitoring programs give you high temps...and if they do check out your case cooling...do you have enough intake fans?...exhausts?...wiring is cluttering up airflow?...all of that may be factor...so give all that a look and inform us as well....:) Take it ez : peace2:

EDIT: you beat me to it WiGGo...lol:p
        - Damien

Comment

Thanks for your advice, I am currently waiting for some round cables, do they actually make a difference?.
          I did try my 80mm fan on the front of my case but didn't see any difference in temps. There is no intake grill on the front bezel only somewhere to mount it on the actual chassis, is this normal? I have an exhaust fan on the back but nowhere to mount an additional one.
          My case temp at the moment is 27c & CPU 49c
          I am keen to hear from anybody who has tried the Thermalright AX-7.
          :?: : peace2:

Comment

Rounded IDE cables will help if ya can't route the flat one's out of the way, though I round my own, and a lot of front panels don't have air holes but they arn't hard to add and help a lot in keepin' the case temp down and this in turn will keep the CPU runnin' cooler. That HSF is very good with the right fan. :smokin:

Comment

Originally posted by SegiY
              If you want a Thermalright your better going with the SLK-600, or if money is an issue then the Thermaltake Volcano 7+ is best bang for buck
              ...or the SLK-800 withe the 80mm fan :thumb:

Comment

I am ordering my round cables this weekend...:thumb: ...APYE try drill 80mm holes on your side panel and add two 80mm (3in) fans...made a huge difference for me. Those fans are blowing cool air directly on my components and Mobo.
                - Damien

Comment

Ahh yes the SLK-800 at the time that i wrote that it was not out, has any one seen reviews for it yet?

Comment

Hey, here's a review I found of the new SLK-800 HSF: http://www.systemcooling.com/modules...article&sid=71
                    Looks like it's the one to get if you need good air cooling

Regards :cheers:

Comment

www.dansdata.com has a review of it as well, and it's good
                      I wish i had waited an extra day to order my volcano 7+, but i thought the SLK-800's would be to many $'s but they are not :cry:

Comment

You'll love yoour Volcano man...trust me...its real good...: peace2:
                        - Damien

Comment

yea...
                          apye,,,u really aint doing any favours to ur hhc running a slow fan...for teh best noise/performance ratio get a volcano7+ and set to medium or an alpha PAL 8045 with a high speed 40cfm 80mm panaflow:afro:

Comment

mmmmmm how about the volcano 9 ?
                            has anyone tried it yet ? 1st impressions ?

Comment

I've only seen one review on it yet and not in any stores here Australia that I know of. :smokin:

Comment

Working...
                              X