Asus A7V333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus A7V333

I am putting together a new machine and so far have had some problems first board i bought was the Soyo Dragon kt333 ultra, it would only see my Amd Xp 2100+ as a 1500+ so i sent it back bought a Asus A7V333. The Asus board sees the chip as a 2100 but won't let me change the front bus speed from 100 to 166.. the bios just crashes. The parts that are in are just a small selection chip, board 512mb of OCZ ram 333. and a GeForce 2 GTS.
    Anyone have any idea what my problem is?

WHOA! slow down, you don't want to change the FSB to 166, you want to change it to 133 and change the CPU/Memory Frequency Ratio to 4/5

them you RAM will be performing at its full capacity :)
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

If ya want the FSB up that high then ya goin' to have to unlock the CPU and lower the multipier. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well I did mean to put 133 but it was a tad late.
        I did try to move the multiplier but to what i'm a tad new at this it will allow me to boot with 1300 as the speed. Don't know still kinda confused.

Comment

Unless ya unlocked the CPU changin' the multiplier is useless. :smokin:

Comment

Wiggo what ya mean by Unlocking the processor? do you mean on the board?

Comment

No the CPU itself by connecting the L1 bridges as show in this review of an unlocking kit, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...ew&dId=203 , though other materials can be used to do the same job. I've used nail polish remover (to clean the pits and fix mistakes), clear nail polish (to fill the pits) and conductive paint (to join the bridges). :smokin:

Comment

Working...
              X